War is Inevitable: AoI 4.0 Japan

Nearing the end of my backlog. :p

==1914: WW2 Pt XVII (Weeks 1-9)==

Spoiler :

We build the Sudwester Military Academy in the former German Southwest Africa, which is sure to stock our armies with high-end troops (a special Infantry is produced every ten turns by it).

The sinking of two British Dreadnoughts signals the impending demise of the British Empire, the pride of their navy now at the bottom of the Atlantic.

Week 5 sees the sinking of an entire British fleet, leaving Britain with several exposed Steam transports.

That leaves the Brits with two fleets.

Week 9, the High Command decides the policy of containment against France must be stepped up dramatically. As the French roll across Africa, they also are perilously close to gaining territory in China. No longer content to observe, we declare war on China, to contain both Ottoman and French ambitions in the Far East.

We lose a Cavalry but take Fuchou. Our agents report China’s military is rather small – only 53 Infantry and 9 Cavalry.

Kunming is taken despite the local machinegunners killing 2 of our Cavalry. We take note of the massive Ottoman horde stretching from Yunnan into Tibet, confirming our belief that we had to act now to maintain our supremacy in Asia.

Nancheng seemed well-defended, and while it does kill one of our Cavalry, we manage to storm it thanks to the high mobility of our Mountain Guns. The way to Zhengzhou is cleared!

The taking of Zhenzhou opens the way to Peking and two more of China’s major cities. Two Colonial Rifle Brigades were lost trying to take the city as the High Command experimented with human wave tactics.

Tsingtao is also taken by the Empire. Our German allies naturally suggest we give it to them but a few looks with the evil eye shut them up.

We assault Shanghai in an ambitious campaign where Naval Infantry are called in all the way from Ireland. It’s not enough to crack the city, but it does highlight the peril the Chinese are in.

Luoyang is pitifully easy.

Peking kills a Colonial Rifle Brigade but the lethality of our strategy of mixing human waves with cheap Rifle Brigades with artillery bombardment is rapidly making itself clear.

Erenhot is an easy target, Col. Rifle Brigades showing their ferocity by tearing its defenses apart through weight of numbers. With Erenhot, the March Campaign is a smashing success, the vast majority of China’s population, territory and economy having been seized by Japanese forces. The victory over China is so grand that the campaign that takes Chinese Kanpur isn’t even given notice.

We make sure to rally the world’s European powers against the Chinese to ensure the transition goes smoothly, only to discover that everyone but Portugal and Britain were already at war with the Chinese. It’s obvious the Chinese Emperor’s foreign policy isn’t that competent and that China would do much better as a component of the Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere.

Nearing the end of my backlog. :p

What do you mean with this Sonic?

By the way, nice update and superb progress! What is your goal? Winning by conquest?

My backlog was the large number of chapters I had written up already with pictures to accompany; I actually haven't played this save for about two months. :p

My main goal once I'd conquered the Isles and America was mostly to just blitz everyone until I got bored.

This part of forum is dying. Same thing happened last year, first months almost nothing, but rebounded.

This year? I dont thing so.

Top Bottom