War less a war declaration

komisch1

Chieftain
Its now the sacond game it happened. There was a big war situation with a lot of ICBMs, and after a lot of turs, i signed peace treaty with my mainenemy. But after one or two turn, he began to attack me again, less any war declaration! Its now the third or second time, ind i cant figure out the reason!
I play civ 1.29 beta. Is that a bug or a specially effect?

yeah... when you use ICBMs or other nuclear devices, your reputation goes WAY down, and the AI will declare war on you for really no reason at all

its happened to me

is that new in the 1.29? Before that they often declared war against me again, but with the foreign advisor information "The civX declared war on us!".

But the ICBMs are a obviosly reason.

But i hate it anyway, this kind of gamedevelopment, with ICBMs and SDI and war weariness in democracy and unstoppable wars and a lot of global warming and pollution etc...Actually i wanted to make a cultural victory, im on the best way, but it takes a lot of time with all that stuff

komisch, I think I know what you are talking about. In fact, I can think of a couple of games where I didn't even launch any nukes and everyone started pummeling me. I think it may be some kind of bug, or it may have been because I had a peace treaty with a country that DID fling a bunch of nukes at one of my rivals. Either way, yeah it was really weird... my advisor didn't tell me anyone declared war on me before they just started attacking from all sides! Happened on a warlord large map with about 6 civs left (others had been eliminated already). I may have the save on one if anyone is interested.

Question for others: does the little yellow sun in the upper left corner of the info box (on the bottom right of the screen) start turning orange/red after nukes fly?

komisch, I think I know what you are talking about. In fact, I can think of a couple of games where I didn't even launch any nukes and everyone started pummeling me. I think it may be some kind of bug, or it may have been because I had a peace treaty with a country that DID fling a bunch of nukes at one of my rivals. Either way, yeah it was really weird... my advisor didn't tell me anyone declared war on me before they just started attacking from all sides! Happened on a warlord large map with about 6 civs left (others had been eliminated already). I may have the save on one if anyone is interested.
Yes, thats it. It was a situation like this.

Question for others: does the little yellow sun in the upper left corner of the info box (on the bottom right of the screen) start turning orange/red after nukes fly?
I also noticed that, and i think that could be

Not just for nukes, but for pollution as well. That's your global warming indicator. Yellow means okay, orange means it's getting worse, red means you better be cleaning as much pollution up as possible, and shortly after red you'll see it reset when you see Global Warming changes Tundra to Grassland! While that situtation is preferred, a lot of times it doesn't work that way.

wow...when im in a large tundra area, i will wait threw around with ICBMs and buil factorys and coal plants and manufacturing plants and no recycling centers and transit systems, until there is all grassland :)

I really don't know whether this is the way it works, Komisch. I rarely play the game until that late, but the only time I had a tile change property due to global warming, it was a grassland tile turning into a tundra tile.

wow...when im in a large tundra area, i will wait threw around with ICBMs and buil factorys and coal plants and manufacturing plants and no recycling centers and transit systems, until there is all grassland :)

Sadly, it would take way too long and have very little change. As previously stated, you only get one tile change at a time. And it's completely random. There is no formula to dictate what tile will become affected by grassland.

I've never seen the AI launch nukes first...

My first thought was to say that I have seen them launch nukes first but they launched after I had started a traditional war. They did nuke first but they didn't start the war.

I really don't know whether this is the way it works, Komisch. I rarely play the game until that late, but the only time I had a tile change property due to global warming, it was a grassland tile turning into a tundra tile.

grasslands into tundra? That semms a little bit illogically, cause in real world it wont snow when its becoming warm, normally...i thought forest/jungle -> tundra/grasslands/plains and tundra-> grasslands-> plains->desert/floodplains, or am i wrong?

My first thought was to say that I have seen them launch nukes first but they launched after I had started a traditional war. They did nuke first but they didn't start the war.

or there was a situation like i explained :)...there one started again with war with a nuke!..but maybe i cant remember it exactly correct, there was a lot of trouble.

Top Bottom