Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
War Objectives Poll 1750-1800

DISCUSSION

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=241138

This poll will cover the likely extent of our war objectives for the war against Rome, where the plan is have a brief 10-turn cease fire, before we commence hostilities yet again. It is a three day single option poll, public vote and plurality wins.

The objectives are:

1. No cities
2. Arpinium, Dortmund, Hamburg
3. Arpinium, Dortmund, Hamburg, Antium
4. Arpinium, Dortmund, Hamburg, Antium, Ravenna
5. Arpinium, Dortmund, Hamburg, Antium, Ravenna and Rome

Hi everybody. I think it would be wise to let our designated player(s) use their discretion to end the war at any point if war weariness is really bad. People voting in the poll, perhaps you could say the same (as an explanation for the thinking behind your own vote) if you agree.

I personally would want the war ended, say, if any city gets to 20 or 25% of its population not working due to WW & multiple other cities having some non-working citizens... just as a guideline.

I am worried that war weariness left over from our past wars with the romans will cause us to start this war with war-weariness that will only get worse. Let's hope my fears are unfounded.

EDIT: i looked at the save, and it seems it's been so long since we had a war with the romans that we have little to worry about in terms of leftover war weariness.

I have the same fears Cer, however I wouldn't want to give that much discretion to the DP (no offense to Methos of course) instead I think they should stop at their discretion if war weariness becomes to heavy, then we can discuss how we want to continue.

CLOSED POLL

If we can conquer Ravenna before turn 12, Ravenna will also be a target, which I think reflects the general mood here. I recommend to conquer Dortmund, Arpinium, Hamburg and Antium under all circumstances and move the troops not needed for garrisoning conquered city towards Ravenna and break down its defenses within turn 10. If we see the war weariness is too high, we can end the war right there, and if we see we can get away by conquering the city in two more turns, we can initiate the Civics Change in the next session as we conquer Ravenna during anarchy (2 turns taking Ravenna), and THEN call for a temporary Roman Peace.

The advantage with taking Ravenna this round, is that the final Roman War will be much much shorter, as we can take the two last cities very expediently.

That is the optimalization of the poll results from war objectives and the ongoing discussion on Civics change and anarchy.

Top Bottom