What should we do with Germany ?

• Other Options

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
War Objectives Poll 2.0

This is a probe for assessing the interest for a long term war, a mid-sized war or a short war just for Berlin. I will discuss in detail the two most preferred options.

1. Conquest of the Pyramids (Berlin only)
2. March through the Jungle (Berlin, Frankfurt, Cologne and Essen)
3. German Entlösung (Conquer all German cities)
4. Defensive War Only
5. Other Proposals

Conquer Berlin, then sue for 10 turns peace. Build troops and send them to the German border. Improve our economy. Then whack them again when we can declare war again. Who knows, we might even be able to extort from Bismarck in the peace deal.

Voted for conquer all Germany.

About economy/more cities concern: can somebody please explain why
conquered cities may damage economy, but cities founded by settlers still
to build do not?

Best regards,

Because capture cities can be more developed and provide less of a loss on the ecomony when they are captured. I think that is the main arguement although i do share your bewilderment over why we haven't settle new cities.

I think there is a general confusion about civics and city costs.
I posted a proposal that goes against "conventional wisdom" on the topic in this demogame, a city south of the capital.

Policing conquered cities take some time, and generate no money in the interim.
We also got the distance to the capital and so on.

I am tempted to vote for all of the above :evil:
Why exactly is this a multiple choice poll? Anyway I am for a full blown war...
Oh and please, if you make multiple polls that are to be removed ask for their removal in this thread - so many War objectives polls just make me :crazyeye: ...

Multiple makes sense, lesser of evils and so on.

I interpret it as we only conquer Berlin this turnchat, as the voting ended up in a tie. We should repoll the German War for the next turnchat, which is the only fair thing to do. This means, I will not prepare other invasions until Berlin is nailed down (except for some Keshik deep penetration raiding).

There are more votes to conquer more than Berlin than there are votes to conquer just Berlin. However the multi-choice nature of the poll makes it hard to get a definitive answer.

There will be a runoff poll between the two options, of Berlin only, or full annihilation of the Germans.
This will be presented as soon as our civics are set in place, since we need to gear our production according to the interplay of civics and international relations.

Just for the record, I would have voted "Conquer all of Germany", had I been here in time.

Good call, Dutchfire, we have a new discussion on war goals, and if "Conquer all Germany" wins, we do that.

Top Bottom