The new techtree

Civics

Features
-Techtree (The greatest improvement)
-UU's for major nations
-Some neutral and minor nations

Starting date:1912

Bugs and flaws
-Outrageous Diplomatic Stances (I saw +5809732 just because I declared war and this bugs doesnt seem to be fixable myself since code says just for example -2)
-English only and missing civopedia entries
-I would require the following flags: Romania, Norway, Belgium, Albania, Denmark, Portugal, Switzerland, Greece

Ideas:
-Chemical Warfare
-Government unit (An aorta unit each civ start with, instead of defeating the civ by capturing his capital, you need to destroy the government - it cannot move, but It can arlifted to an friendly city with airport - this unit shall reflect the government fleeing such as Belgium fleeing to Britain etc.)

Your link doesn't work. :(

Error message" Download-Server dl5.rapidshare.de unavailable due to technical-maintenance. " but I just downloader superciv leaders mod from them after your link didn't work.:cry:

Rapidshare is down, I have uploaded again but that doesnt work too.

The temporary solution doesn't work either

Well I haven't actually played it, but by going with looks, it looks great. You look as though you're struggling with 1900-1930 technologies, so here is a long list which might be helpful:

General Staff
Combined Arms tactics
Deception
Trench warfare
Nation-in-arms
Blitzkrieg
Rifled barrel
Standardised training
Guerrilla tactics
Explosives
Telegraph & telephone
Photography & film
Thermodynamics
Electromagnetism
Pharmacology
Aeronautics
Electronics
Hydroelectricity
Public education
Light bulb
Atomic theory
Flight
Wealth standard
Stock Exchange
Economics
Infiltration tactics
Pacts & Alliances
League of Nations
Great power
Constitutional monarchy
Rule of law
Realpolitik
Regionalism
Anti-trust legislation
Urban migration
Communism
Universal suffrage
Fundamentalism
Fascism
Radio
Nationalism
Assembly line
Manufacturing efficiency
Iron plating
Industrialisation
Combustion engine
Refining
Steel construction

I just downloaded it, but it looks like a big improvement over v 0.2. However, I noticed that the blue shirted cavalry looks a little out of place. I could do a quick skin for you if you'd like (maybe more of an olive or tan shirt to give it more of a WWI flavor).

Would be great, note that its now called Civilization 1918, based on the recent merge with Kopernikus WWI project.

@Mauritania: Thats straight from RON I notice, might be usefull, but I wont adopt the whole tree.

There's a bit of Empire Earth in there is well. I just feel that WWI was won with tanks and American help, therefore tanks should be absolutly difficult as possible to get. Oh that and internal struggles in the Austrian-Hungarian Empire, the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, German Economic collapse and resulting famine. But the point is, World War I was not a military victory.

I'm not saying that the game should be rigged so the 'triple entante' should always win, but a sense of realism would never go amiss.

Nice work by the way...

I wish there was a world war 1 scenario that came along with the MOD.
I dont know what good is the mod, otherwise.

Well my friend Kaiserguard, I would like to be a part of this Mod ... this is something I can help with ... (Plus I feel that Germany should have won the first World War, the world would be a much better place if this had happened).

I also have a decal flag for Albania from my Albanian civilization to give to you to use in this mod. :)

Shqype said:
Well my friend Kaiserguard, I would like to be a part of this Mod ... this is something I can help with ... (Plus I feel that Germany should have won the first World War, the world would be a much better place if this had happened).

I agree with you, if Germany had won, there wouldnt be no Hitler, Mussolini and no WWII, Holocaust and other cruel happenings. basicly, WWI Allies were like WWII axis IMO.

But you must know that project is recently merged with Civilization 1918, a project by Kopernikus: Basicly, this is Civilization 1918 version 0.3 now!:lol:

On top of everything you mentioned, the Balkan Powder Keg would have been neutralized (by Serbia being punished and forced to give Albanian land back to its original owners), adding stability to the region.

Really, this is now Kopernikus' mod? Where is his development thread?

No, this isnt Kopernikus mod, were both the leaders - I am executive producer and I have also some creative rights - though I must be known that the most creative responbility lies in hands of the team! ;)

Go to www.frontline18.com however if youre interested.

any ideas when it will be released, are we looking at days, weeks or months at this point?

Nice screenshots but I can't see any trenches :p . These should definitely be implemented as improvements and not only for workers or combat engineers but for infantry units as well.
Another issue would be the bombard ability for artillery but I don't know if anybody was able to resolve this yet. After all this war was about poor soldiers in the trenches under constant artillery fire (at least on the western front).
Keep up the good work :goodjob:

Kaiserguard said:
I agree with you, if Germany had won, there wouldnt be no Hitler, Mussolini and no WWII, Holocaust and other cruel happenings. basicly, WWI Allies were like WWII axis IMO.

WWI Allies like WWII Axis? This is outrageous!

Even if the french generals did send in verdun their soldiers to a gruesome fate, there wasn't a holocaust. There may have been nationalism, but no fascism either...

The Germans and the Entente in WWI were both driven by dreams of imperialistic expansion. In fact both sides were evil as they sent there own people to a futile death.

And to the "if this had happened, this wouldn't have happened":
this is utterly gratuitous. perhaps the french would have been nazis then, if they had lost, who knows? In WWI all sides were "evil" as everyone wanted this war, in WWII the axis were clearly the aggressors, and the allies were defending themselves.

Nonetheless I do like the work on your mod, Kaiserguard, as it's one of the most interesting wars in history. Keep the work going, but pleaaaase: no such political nonsense...

I noticed that the blue shirted cavalry looks a little out of place.

yes I agree... the cavalry used in the opening of the war were dressed very traditional... Body armor, swords and the such... it was quite ridiculous actually...

The cavalry we see in civ 4 is more "America frontier" looking...
Great mod btw... ww1 is one of my favs, best summarized by:

"On these battlefields my beautiful world blew itself up"

There was'nt an convention on human rights in world war I so it was a case of take no prisoners and chemical & biological weapons are fair game.

Top Bottom