War Plans

Civman2004

Something goes here...
We have deep matters to discuss on a number of fronts.

War is upon us from 2 directions. We need to evaluate our strength, evaluate the strength of our enemies and make wise decisions accordingly. I don't think we should consider backing down from the fight at all at this point in time. We do, however, need discussion on a few questions:

We have a war on 2 fronts - do we fight on one and defend on the other, or fight on both? Obviously the Babylonian border, being mountainous, is going to be difficult to defend, as we cannot attack the units coming over the mountains. But the Romans have a wide zone from which they can attack (particularly since last time I checked they have a ROP with the Zulu). How should we fight the wars?

Should we enlist the help of other nations? One danger is that if we don't bring them in on our side, they could join Rome, particularly given that Rome and Zulu are already a bit too friendly for my liking. France won't be able to provide much immediate help. The Zulu could if we brought them in. I haven't done the research yet on what it would cost though.

So - those are the things for debate. What do we Japanaticans think?

We'll still have enemies to fight even if we do take out Rome and Babylon. The Iroquois for example...

My plan didn't work. I think we made our Swords out of Tin, not Iron. :cry:

Like I said in the other thread,get all the help that we realistically can(nations that can provide help) and wait until Saamurai since they will give us a very strong advantage and hopefully tip the tide of the war.

Here is what I say.

Bring in the Iroquois as Full Brethern against our two foes. All it will cost is either a Luxury or Monarchy @ 4th-6th.

Hold off on the Zulus... if they ally with Rome, call in France.

Let the Entire Continent quake with War... A War where the Saamurai will become the Final Determinant. But use what we have and gain what we can while we wait.

I think the Southern war must be a defensive war as there are only 3 offensive units in the entire South - A sword near Neapolis and 2 horses near Antium.

For now, Governor MOTH, for now...

Actually, I have a list of goals in light of the Roman-Babylonain Alliance:
1. The Elimination or Total Humiliation of Rome. (The latter requiring that we do NOT ally with anyone.)
2. The taking of ALL Babylonian Cities on our side of the Southern Fences. (Leaving Babs with 3.)

Sir Donald III said:
Here is what I say.

Bring in the Iroquois as Full Brethern against our two foes. All it will cost is either a Luxury or Monarchy @ 4th-6th.

I thought the Iros would ally with us just by re-negotiating peace with them. I believe they'll give us their World Map also, maybe all their gold.

Well, true. But "renegotiating peace" is not something that I do.

Maybe I look at rep too much...

Hmmm. I believe "renegotiating peace" usually brings a smile to the faces of my opponents.

Rik Meleet said:
We Japanaticans think that you should have followed my advise; postpone war till we have Samurai.

For now: fight defensive; keep what we've got and wait for Samurai.
We really should have followed your advice. I believe that we were too hasty, or not hasty enough. We should have had a quick early war, or waited until be have the necessary firepower. But since we are at, sometimes it does help our situation to go to war early and this helps us to build up a powerful army. Our only focus should be a focus on our army. Having a few large cities will help us in this battle to get to our target of a large army because it will help in two ways.

1. A larger city will help to have more free troops. Ways of getting this would to have those cities not near fresh water to build Aquaducts and build either marketplaces or religious buildings.
2. A larger city will help us to produce more shields and therefore more units. What would be better is too have cities that are in WLTKD so that would increse our shields and our commerce, which would give us more money and quicker scientific research.

Taking other cities will also help with reducing our cost of units and make our war effort run better. I would sugest that the settler should be moved to near Pompeii. I believe that once we take that city, it will be autorazed, and we don't want anyone else to take that wonderful area from us.

classical_hero said:
What would be better is too have cities that are in WLTKD so that would increse our shields and our commerce, which would give us more money and quicker scientific research.
IIRC, WLTKD helps only with shield waste, not with commerce corruption.

I think we should renegotiated peace with tie Iro to bring them into the war. We should gather the rest of our swordmen and attack at ONE city. Take the city, heal up the troops, and head out again. No point in leaving swordmen to defend when they are best at attacking. We should keep our horsemen in cities with barracks to upgrade to Samurai when they come though.

We have 6 undefended workers on a jungle hill in the middle of Zioji and Fantikku right next to a very hostile Babylonian warrior. I recommend we move them or send a spearmen from Fanatikku to defend.

I would also recommend that we capture the lone worker right outside of Reagent Town with our spearmen.

blackheart said:
I would also recommend that we capture the lone worker right outside of Reagent Town with our spearmen.

I recommend against this capture. This is the only defender for the south's most productive city. If he goes out then a Bowman could be with range of attack and we would have no one in range to defend Regent Town if he is lost.

I will be forming a 'defense of the south' message for the War Ministry's review. Stay tuned.

We need to decide about our war machines:
Do you want more Swordsman or Horseman, what about Catapults?

I'll explain things in Edo province so we can make our plans efficiently:

**Note: Swordsman and Horseman costs are the same.

Shorin Ryu - completes Swordsman in 1 turn. Can produce 3 more (3 turns per each) next TC.

Odawara - will have Barracks in 3 turns. Than we need atleast 2 Spearman to fight unhapiness in En'Gha and Odawara. Thats 3+3+3 turns, so no offensive units from Odawara next turnchat.

En'Gha - completes Library in 4 turns; doesn't have Barracks. If we switch to Barracks we'll waste 39 shields so thats out of question. We will than have Barracks in 4 turns. Thats 8 turns, +4(or 5) mor for Swordsman, that means no units from En'Gha this TC. Workers are mining hills currently so build time
should improve soon.

Corrino - Library in 1 turn. Barracks in 4. Swordsman in 6.

Summary for next TC (Edo province):

4 Swordsman (+1 more possibly from Corrino)
2 Spearman
Barracks in every city.

Prediction for 1 TC after next (+10 turns in future):
Shorin-Ryu: 3 Swordsman
Odawara: 2 Swordsman
Corrino: 1-2 Swordsman
En'Gha: 2 Swordsman

I think we could theoretically get about 8-9 Swordsman from Edo province if we switch completely to military production. If other provinces switch completely to military than we should have great chances to win this war quickly.

Civanator said:
The babylonians have no horses so they cant take regent town, and a bowman has only 1 MP, we can take the worker and scramble back without losing the city.

The point is that the spear will be adjacent to the border and if there is a Bowman in Ellipi then Regent Town will be undefended. Its not worth the risk for one slave. Now if there were 2 or 3 workers there I might feel differently. There is a worker next to Akkad that we should capture with the spear from Epolenep.

MOTH said:
The point is that the spear will be adjacent to the border and if there is a Bowman in Ellipi then Regent Town will be undefended. Its not worth the risk for one slave. Now if there were 2 or 3 workers there I might feel differently. There is a worker next to Akkad that we should capture with the spear from Epolenep.

We would be back in Regent Town before any bowmen could attack. Besides, I'm figuring most of the Bab military is inside our territory already.

blackheart said:
We would be back in Regent Town before any bowmen could attack. Besides, I'm figuring most of the Bab military is inside our territory already.

The Bowman could attack the spearman when the spear is standing on the tile the worker is on. 3 attack vs 2 defense. Humans do this all the time by placing a worker somewhere to sucker the AI into moving to a bad position. Maybe this time the AI is doing it to us...

Top Bottom