1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

War Thread

Discussion in 'Team Loco' started by jeejeep, Apr 23, 2007.

1. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Epsilon sent us this message. It rings true to me.

I whipped a longbow in every city. I forgot to take a screenshot of our situation, so look at the save. We are researching gunpowder, which is good, but Innovia has nationalism, so it looks like they are going for calvary. Thankfully they do not yet have military tradition or gunpowder, so we have some time.

Epsilon wanted us to research divine right and trade it to them, but I said we had to research gunpowder because of the war. In the same message I thanked Epsilon for the warning.

I canceled open borders with Innovia and sent them a PM saying why.

2. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

First thing i need to say ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    %£%£$*"$^ (a few words i am not allowed to say)

Secondly reserch gunpowder as you said and try to get to rifling
    Do you know roughly how long they will be?
    What did you say in the pm?

Any possibleity of a fleet intercepting them?

3. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

lurker's comment: It seems this is getting exciting. Good luck team Loco

4. Joe Harker

Thanks, we all going to died!!!!

5. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Sorry for not being specific enough. Gunpowder in 7 turns. We have no fleet, just one galley far from our homeland. I'll post our correspondence after I play the next turn.

6. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Here's the recent correspondence. I suggest we take Aloha up on this trade.
    Also, my message to Innovia. It would have been better (more diplomatic) if I hadn't been so annoyed.

Here's a screenshot of the situation. We should be able to make/whip enough longbows in time for their first assault (~2 turns) If they come down the land bridge things will be more difficult. I will start work on some galleys (maybe whip one, build 2-3) in Reading and the city to the left of Reading (I somehow forgot the name).

innoviagalley0000.JPG

7. Joe Harker

Strong message! Take the trade and as i said earlier go for rifling for riflmen have we got a message back?

8. Joe Harker

By the way i think we upset them with the message :) but we couldn't take any chances

I don't know if it worth asking them where the transports were going?

also is it possible to ask for a loan, we do have some old units that need upgrades

9. levyavi

levyavi Chieftain

I looked at the save and it seems that we are pretty screwed.

We have a GP (i think GA) in one of the cities. we can use it to discover education and trade the technology.

I can think of several options.
    1. try to persuade innovia for a peace. in exchange for technology
    2. try to make a defensive pact with one of Innovia's neighbours.
    3. Try to sell some of our technologies for cash. (I prefer to avoid losing the city. but having cash will help us to upgrade units in the case of war)
    4. Accept the fact that we are going to lose a major city and try to recapture the city later (hopefully they wont raze it).

Can we talk with Innovia about option 1? If so how do we do this?
    If that wont work lets try option 2. Maybe even explain (threat) Innovia that we will try to put them in two fronts.

Avi

10. Joe Harker

Point 1 too late i think, unlikely to happen

Point 2 I think they would stay out of this, after all innovia is the strongest miltary wise however we could use them to put preesure on them to stop and go to talks, although i wouldn't bank on it

11. levyavi

levyavi Chieftain

Maybe we can create a triple pact. If we think they can stand being at with two fronts, maybe try 3 fronts?

How can we do this? who is in charge of diplomacy?

12. Joe Harker

I don't know, i think jeep jeep is because i have only joined recently and he has been playing on his own really,

I still think the majority of nations will still stay out of this although i guess there is no harm in asking. also support won't come for a while so for a few turns we are on our own anyway

13. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

I've been in charge of everything so far. One reason why the game is going so badly. Someone else can try some diplomacy if they think they understand the situation. Basically

Epsilon::) :) :) :) :) :cool:

Piffle, Aloha: :) ;)

Innovia::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :eek:

14. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Turn 162 War Update

Innovia landed their forces on hills near B&O. Just realized I forgot to take a screenshot again :blush: . So sorry about the lack of them lately, but it looks like at least levyavi has been looking at the save. :goodjob:

Once again, the Innovian army consists of 4 cats, 2 maces, 1 camel archer, and 1 longbow. Not much of an attack, but it may be too much for us. The city will be defended by two longbows, an axe, and two warriors. EVerything basically hinges on this turn. If they take the city now, we are in big trouble. If not, we have two longbows to reinforce next turn and we will also have time to build more. I'd say the city has about a 50-50 chance.

15. Joe Harker

I take charge of dipomancy

16. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Thanks. Did you see the letter from Aloha?

17. Joe Harker

yes, thank god, you don't suppose epilson is planning something, i would have doubt it because they have warned us and know we will be ready for them if they did come, like you said in your reply to them

18. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

I don't think so, but why don't we send a message asking them for the 15 turn peace anyway. Say that some people on our team wanted reassurance or something, don't tell them about Aloha and our suspicions.

Also, how about a thank-you to Aloha. They sure came through for us big time. I might as well be demanding now that I'm not the one writing the letters. ;)

19. Joe Harker

Ok will do
    also ask aloha about what they would do if epsilon invade

also you have already ask epsilon about 15v turn peace treaty so i would wait at least a day to ask them again
    I knew there would be a catch about being foreign minister!

20. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

I tried to get all friendly and told them they didn't need to sign any treaty, we knew they would'nt invade. Obviously that was a mistake.

Still, you're right we might as well wait a day or two. I'm just nervous about the possibility of an Epsilon surprise attack. If they attack, we're pretty much dead.