1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

War Wariness

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Boombar, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Boombar

Boombar Chieftain

Why am i getting unhappiness for defending myself?
    AI declares war on me and sends me his troops to slaughter and i am the one who is getting unhappy? I can see how declaring war or sending troops to die in foreign lands makes problems at home but why should defender get the punishment?

Also, pre modern/atomic era war wariness make no sense at all. It shouldn't even exist.

saamohod likes this.
  2. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

Civilians on both sides are unhappy, if war is prolonged. Otherwise, you wouldn't have much incentive to end the war if only enemy would have war weariness.

Zarggg and vyyt like this.
  3. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

Defensive wars should have less war weariness, not sure if they do or not. Pretty sure G removed the concept of defensive wars other than the initial difference of warmongering from being the one who declares. Could be mistaken about that though.

As CppMaster said, war wariness is a tool to get incentive to end wars. Previous to this people would gimp the AI by just never declaring peace on a weaker AI. You could use them as a constant source of unit experience while taking no real penalty unless you took an actual city.

4. stii

stii Prince

It mostly seems to be a factor of units lost, if you don't lose any units you will suffer very little war weariness