War Weariness Calculation formula

Qitai

I know that this may not be the best place to post this but given that the best players seems to frequent this forum, I like to ask if any of these good players knows the exact formula for WW. And this includes the reverse of it where you get happiness.

So far, I my impressin has been the following

1) A civ you have deals with declaring war on you will give you happy citizen. The effect is you get 1 happy citizen for every 4 pop you have.

2) WW kicks in/happiness wears out is dependent on the amount of deaths you incurred during war as well as duration of war.

3) I read that troops in enemy area at the end of the turn also contribute to WW as well.

Is there any other condition? And how do these combine to calculate when and how much WW you will get?

Thanks

Hi Qitai,

DaveMcW and I did some War weariness tests a little while ago.

Here is the thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53114

Length of war did not seem to be a factor (only the # of turns you end your turn with units in their territory).

War weariness kicks in at various thresholds.
First threshold: 25% of your people become unhappy (Republic)
50% unhappy (democracy)
Second threshold: 50% unhappy (Republic)
100% unhappy (Democracy)
Third threshold: 100% unhappy (Republic)
Government overthrown (Democracy)
*Republic can never be overthrown

Units you lose, cities you lose, ending your turn in enemy territory contribute to WW.

Universal Suffrage makes 1 person content in all cities (1 person that would have become unhappy because of war weariness).

Police Stations allow 25% of your people to not become unhappy from WW. (so, in republic at the first threshold, you would see no unhappiness).

I guess I should add:

+1 for each turn you end your turn with a unit in their territory
+2 for each unit you lose
+15 if you have a city of yours razed (or captured?)

*possible ones, that haven't fully been checked:
pillaging, starvation of your citizens due to enemies having control of your former cities

First threshold: 30 war weariness points (WW)
Second threshold: 60 WW
Third threshold: 90WW (Democracy)
120WW (Republic)

Okay Thanks. Reading the other post now. It seems incomplete though. My GOTM20 had a situation of 2 wars with one giving me reverse WW and the other normal WW. The reverse WW had no fight to keep it going but I lost it for some reason. I will have to read and investigate further on this. Talk about it in the other thread. Thanks for pointing me there.

Top Bottom