War Weariness in only one city: bug?

Slobag47

Chieftain
I've searched for war weariness specific threads and couldn't find much on this specific subject. In two games so far I've been at war and had only one or two cities accumulate war weariness across my empire. The trend seems to be around -6-7 in one city but only -1 in the other, if at all. Has anyone else experienced this or is there something I'm missing?

The one with the higher weariness was, but that war with that particular civ had been over and it was properly ceded. Do conquered cities just get more weariness in general?

Yes, they do, even after the war with their city's prior owner ends and the city is ceded to you. One way of thinking about this (as a real world metaphor) is that those city's citizens aren't really "your citizens" since you didn't found that city (using terms from some Paradox games, you don't have a "core" on that city), so that city's residents are more likely to get upset and/or rebellious when the opportunity presents itself.

Makes perfect sense; I guess that is this civ's version of the period of unrest after conquest. Thanks for the clarification, things like this makes me wish we just still had courthouses.

Methinks war weariness does have some issues currently, at any rate : x

Also war weariness seems to way very heavily if you lose a unit from the city that produced that unit. I was in one war and lost 1 unit my war weariness in the city that unit was produced went from -1 to -5 in the one turn.

Top Bottom