War Weariness

Palpster

Chieftain
I'm looking for more info on the mechanics behind unhappiness caused by war....does anyone know if this has been discussed here (or elsewhere)? I tried a search but couldn't quite come up with what I was looking for. If you know of a thread or site that has more info on this topic, please put a link up.

thanks in advance,

i notice the city which endlessly produces units gets most ww so i conclude ,when units die the city they come from(the one they are created)get some ww.but one unit doesn't mean ww ,the more units die the more ww
.i thinks theres something else...........

thanks for the reply, but I'm looking for more specific answers: How does length of a war actually affect unhappiness. How many units, how many losses etc will cause exactly what amount of unhappiness....that sort of thing. Has anyone done any research in that area?

War Weariness works like this

1. You have a number of War Weariness points for Every Civ

2. Those points go up
Everytime you kill one of that civ's units
Everytime they kill one of yours
Everytime you take a city, etc.

3. Those points go down
by 1% every turn you are at peace

4. Those points cause unhappiness=
Points x population of city x Other Factors (Police State, Mt. Rushmore, Jails, Currnet war/Peace State*) / some fixed constant

*If you are at peace with that civ, then you get 0 unhappiness from War Weariness... you may also get less unhappiness from a defensive war (not entirely certain)

More detailed answers are in the XML
basically each unit death is ~1-3 points of WW and it is divided by 1000 for the happiness effect

I remember in civ 3 more war weariness was caused if your units lost in battle, or if your cities were bombarded or improvments pillaged but not so much if you were attacking and winning. Do you have any specifics on the number of points for situations that affect war weariness?

Top Bottom