War with MS or Peace

War, REX or Other

• War - Dead Scientists

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please state in post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A couple thoughts after reading Niklas' last conversation with Donsig. First, there may be a bit of delay between us settling in territory that MS wants and them noticing. Second, in order to actually get ahead we need to deprive one of our rivals of something, and if we were willing to entertain the notion of simply attacking MS now in breach of our treaty, why the hell not settle where they want and *then* attack them? If we are going to expand towards them at all we would of course consider those cities to be in a higher risk zone and thus demand greater protection for them.

I don't know if anyone else will like this idea, but the notion of building strategically located cities near MS and trying to get them to attack us so that we may fight defensively has enormous attraction to me. It is possible to hold off an enemy without creating a drag on one's economy if the proper arrangements are made. We are imperialistic, fighting in our territory would give us great generals much quicker than out of it...being able to crank out units with an extra promotion would go a long way to evening the odds imho.

Still, sending a letter explaining why they should (be more cooperative :D) settle north like Oyzar said would be a more subtil way than just claim the land and then show muscles... I am fine either way, but this game will be long... perhaps we don't want to upset MS right away (to keep options opened)

Cheers

I think the sending of a letter would imply negotiating space. If it were simply a demand it could actually be more provocational than settling the land and claiming a misunderstanding afterward imho.

If we talk to them about it at all, then we can never claim ignorance. If we settle there without talking, I'm sure I can wave it away with me having been busy and us not really having discussed it formally. I would favor settling and feign innocence.

I'm Pro-Ignorance :lol:- you can put me out on the chopping block too, because I'll say I specifically searched through all their letters/treaties/chats and never found anything. (Again - really, anyone know where this was mentioned in the first place?).

If we talk to them about it at all, then we can never claim ignorance. If we settle there without talking, I'm sure I can wave it away with me having been busy and us not really having discussed it formally. I would favor settling and feign innocence.

I agree, but we DO have to be careful about getting so close that they declare instantly. I suspect they're more mature than some Game Spy people who have done everything possible, including guaranteeing their own loss, to make sure I couldn't win over a city, but it's still better to fly under the radar until we deliver a serious blow. So, settle 5 cities, but don't push them TOO hard? They aren't doing so hot so as long as we don't really irk them they'll probably hesitate.

Top Bottom