1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

War with RB

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Aug 23, 2013.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

And since it started, despite we are not yet in war officially, I think a new thread for this is required.

Those are some pics from the front and around:

Spoiler :

Poly - RB front:

CP - RB front:
    Spoiler :

Our units advance West:
    Spoiler :

Cities builds:
    Spoiler :

And here is a first- hand info:

2. Arkipeller

Arkipeller Ancient of Lore

It's getting exciting!

3. 2metraninja

Yes, interesting indeed. :) In 4-5 turns will become even more exciting.

This chat we had today with Bistrita. It have general topics too, but most of it belongs in here:

4. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Cue the Star Wars Imperial March! Can't embed YouTube from my phone, sadly.

Also love that CP named their rifleman It is a good day to die. :lol: We should do similar things when we go to war. Give them a message something along the lines of "While defending, your archer was killed by a CFC ninja!". Strike fear in their hearts. :evil:

5. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Do you have any recent demos screenshots?

6. 2metraninja

Yes, each turn they are stored in the dropbox. So sad FTW is not working and not a foreseeable chance to be repaired :(

7. 2metraninja

I was not sleeping in the meanwhile too and managed to arrange a loan from our allies to help us get as fast as possible to Military Science so we can whip Pinch Grenadiers to have odds against RB's drafted rifles. If all is good we will get Grens in 5 turns from now.

8. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Eeeexcellent, kudos. Grenadiers will certainly be a nice touch to RB's new rifles.

9. vranasm

vranasm Deity

I always felt that grenadiers are underestimated in civ universe... but in SP everyone is hot on mounted these days, so that's probably why

10. 2metraninja

Grenadiers are tricky. The are somewhat easy to get to with bulbing Chemistry as we did. Biggest drawback to them is they are not draftable. And that they generally have lower str than both rifles and cavalries. As for why they are not popular in SP, it is because in SP it is the human who usually attacks and the grens are not a typical attacking unit.

11. 2metraninja

In other new, RB attacked ot4e's stack. It was drawn-out battle, RB losing 18 units, cats included, and Ot4e lost 9 units. This would had been great, if RB's potential to reinforce were not greater than Ot4e's.

12. 2metraninja

Both Ot4e and MZ had asked me some time ago to make sure we capture this National Epic city of RB - Eastern Traders because a GP was going to be born in it very soon. Ot4e believed it will be about t178 when he is about to be born. I assured them we will do so as it was looking RB cant do a think to stop us and we had the time to move our slow moving steam-roller-like army and take it despite all RB resistance. But now, he said it will be t176 - just a turn after we declare war. Our slow-moving army cant capture the city in time. So we must come with a good plan and take that city on t176. Because we will play before RB, we will be able to kill their newborn GP if we are able to capture the city.

Any ideas are welcome how we do this. We are already working on some plans with Bistrita, but I think we must do it at all costs for so many reasons.

1. We deny RB a GA (or we compromise them in the eyes of their new allies Uciv (RB might have promised this GP, which they promised to us to them. To prepare the soil for compromising RB, I will send a letter to Uciv telling them RB are not the most reliable allies as the sore experience from WPC shown, as RB promises a lot of things, but they dont fulfill their promises)

2. We hit their morale. Imagine the weeping, screaming, cursing and despair in their forums if we kill their GP :D

3. Maybe most important - we raise our allies morale. This one is very very important.

And fourth, both ot4e and MZ asked me to not allow RB have this GP. We will show muscles and we will show we are trustworthy allies who do even the impossible to do what is supposed from them to do.

What you guys think?

13. vranasm

vranasm Deity

for taking city 1st turn of war you need 2-movers...

if you can post SS of the area I could more of help, but I don't think I would get better answer then 2-movers...

14. 2metraninja

Spoiler :

Here is the map for the front. Bad thing is Eastern Traders is actually 3 tiles from the border. The GP will be born most probably in t176. We will take first half of the timer, so we will play before RB in t176, which means the GP will most probably be born, but will be sitting in Eastern Traders. Currently we believe there is only a single axe in it. But RB will get Rifling in t 175 and they might upgrade/whip/draft more rifles in it. It have 60% culture defense and is situated on a hill for cumulative 85% defense. We will have like 20 knights, 20-25 cannons and 20+ muskets in the first turn of the war.

15. vranasm

vranasm Deity

too bad forbidden point isn't 1 tile more east...

question is if we move 2 movers on the plains tile bellow corn (or what is is) 2E1S from forbidden point
    and the cannon stack with "couple knights" 1SE from the spot (so the knights are in reach of Eastern Dealers)
    if we will trick them in thinking that Forbidden Fruit is main target and the knights are as stack protection for cannons...

the point of such trick is so that they don't build 6 rifles stack in Eastern Dealers

Knights against Rifles is really really bad scenario, but I am afraid we don't have many options only tricks will help.

Another option is capturing Forbidden point and our allies getting Covenant in time so they can only launch GA with the great person? and who knows if they have it as possibility.

I think forking is the only option here and some trickery.

Moving along the mountains so it will look like Forbidden is main target can be such trick... it will force them to choose anyway...

16. 2metraninja

I agree that we must find the best way to deceive them and we can not expect to take Eastern Traders if they know we will try to take it with knights.

17. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Or With spies we could revolt the city. With multiple Spies and enough espy points we could do it multiple turns in a row. IIRC this will halt all GP production. Can anyone confirm? IIRC this will also prevent whips and drafts. We only need to do it enough times to get our units in position to take the city. Do we have any Spies in the area? Can we generate enough espy on them to do it?

I dont see anyway to take it by turn 176 without a 3-Move promoted Knight. Do we have any way to make such?

At first I was thinking to build a city on the coast and chop a Galley to attack by sea, but those are all jungles so no chops :(

With 2 spies we could also simultaneously poison their Water and Make unhappiness in the city. With a 8:mad: faces and 8:yuck: faces we might be able to slow down their :gp: production enough to delay the great person.

18. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

We can probably just take it if we can revolt it. I don't think forbidden fruit has the culture to keep that road, so we can just move our knights straight out of Lokapara and take/raze it.

19. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

:lol: Almost forgot about this...
    And bistrita said...
    Does that count as a bet? Does bistrita owe me some beers or what? :yup:

Anyway, beers or no beers you guys have pulled off some excellent strategy and diplomacy, isolating RB and keeping them there. Now all we must do is consider what tricks they might have up their sleeve and be prepared.
    I don't think imbedded video works anymore, sadly:(, but here is a link so you can listen while reading:evil:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNv5sPu0C1E

20. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

Unfortunately we can't use offensive espy until our NAP has expired. CP or Poly wouldn't have any spies to do a bit more of our dirty work in the area, would they?

Or how about whipping a couple of galleys in Lokapora? No element of surprise there so it boils down to whether they can muster enough defence in time to defend from 4 amphibious assaults plus any possible knights we can get there in time.