1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

War with Spaniards

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Feb 27, 2013.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Good news and neutral I bring about the war with Spaniards. Which you want first? :nya:

2. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

3. 2metraninja

:) Good news are that they did not reinforced Bulawaio and even were kind enough to play and end their turn early, so we can go and take that right this turn.

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

4. Sommerswerd

It is such good fortune for us that they offer up a Combat III, Shock warrior like a sacrificial lamb to be slaughtered.:clap:

I shudder to think how much of a b@astard that warrior would be if he were upgraded to a Mace...ulp:yuck: he would be stronger than a Currasier against melee.:eek:

Oh well... Off with his head :ninja:

5. Sommerswerd

6. 2metraninja

Neutral is that they moved their catapult stack and did something I did not expected from them. They had no road on the tile south of KwaDukuza, but moved a worker there and started build road and moved all their catapults there.

The forested hill tile, just as expected have already more Zulu culture on it, but is still in our possession. It will change color next turn, throwing out our units. So we need to act now or wait for like 5 other turns.

It is not the best thing I was hoping for. As I was hoping they wont move, or will move ideally somewhere they cant hit our stack on the tile NW of KwaDukuza where we intend to make the breach. But! Their unit composition makes their position very weak even now. They have 7 catapults and only 4 (yes, only four!) melee units who can actually do eventually the kills of the catapulted down units. So, my say is to use this opportunity and charge in to the breach before it is closed. We can send there 20 units this turn. They can kill only 4 in the worst for us case scenario. Then we attack. We can even keep the knights on the forested hill where they cant be catapulted, but can hit their catapults in the next turn with full health. Remember, they can kill only 4 units of our stack.

Spoiler :

I will make simulations to see what we exactly can expect from the eventual battle.

Attached Files:

7. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Yes! Fight! War! :hammer:

8. 2metraninja

And since you ask, there is bad news: One of our spies was caught, so we cant check the situation around Bulawaio. Not that I expect something that can threaten our south expedition corpus, but still, it would have been nice to see with our eyes.

9. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Crosspost (twice)

Unless my eyes deceive me, there is no road underneath all those catapults? I don't think they can even reach the tile NW of KwaDukuza. :confused:

10. 2metraninja

There is a worker, which says "2 turns to road", but this is because he is finished movement this turn. Next turn it will tells: "1 turn to road" and they will finish the road, so they can hit the breach tile.

11. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Sounds like a great plan, General. Attack!

Hopefully we can take out all their cats next turn, leaving them with nothing but axes or weaker units. How many turns until we can take their capital? After that point, we will be in the clear, I don't even think they'll be able to tech or whip out any units stronger than archers.

12. Sommerswerd

How soon can we replace the spy? I don't like stumbling into the darkness hoping that there is not some unseen surprise or gifted from CivFr stack just over the nxt hill:(

13. 2metraninja

There is nothing to worry for. We knew what unit composition Spaniards had when we ended war with them. Since then they got not a single increase in power. So they have the same units. Those are 11-12 catapults, 8 axes and some 8-12 impis + chariots. We see where 7 of their catapults are and we know they had a stack of 4 in the south. This fits with our calculations. Beside this, they have 5 of their 16-20 units in the north. This leaves 11 to 15 units for the rest of their territory. Some of those units were turned and moved to the North for sure to help react with our offensive in the North. I assume they will have like 3-4-5 other units in the South. Just look at their defense in Bulawayo. A single warrior. They just dont fear attack there. They simply dont see it. And to answer to those who will say: And what if it is a trap? I will answer: Who will leave his second best city to be taken as a bite? And since this is only presumption and practical psychology, I can show you screenshots from the last few turns where Bulawayo was loosely defended and we could see for ourselves that there are no stacks hiding nearby to act as a trap.

14. 2metraninja

I cant tell for their capitol yet. We take those two cities and we see what happens. If we manage to kill the bulk of their catapults, then great, there is nothing to stay at our way. If not, we think more :)

I also hope that bringing war to them this earlier and hopefully getting decisive battle will not leave them chance to whip a lot of worthy units. I truly hope we wont see much more than 1-2 WEs.

As for attacking, I will make few simulations anyway in 1-2 hours and then will come up and request to grant me the powers to declare war to SpAp and lead our armies in attack.

15. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Your plan is good and I think you have everyone's approval to attack.

Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war:ar15:

16. 2metraninja

So, testing had shown that with the current setup in the North we lose about 5 units in both cases if they bombard us and stay in city waiting for reinforcements or simply bombard and attack with their combat units. (10 tests ran, 4.8 average units lost on our side, best case for us only 3 units (2 times), worst case 7 units lost on our side (once)).

17. 2metraninja

I officially request license to declare war to Team Spanish Apolyton and attack this turn on both fronts.

18. Sommerswerd

19. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Let the hot hammer fall!

20. 2metraninja

Now is night for me and I am tired already. Tomorrow morning my time on fresh brain we have meeting with Bistrita online. I will bring the coffee, he will say his thoughts/observations/tuning too before we launch the attack.