War with the fomorach!!!???!!!

Cyc

Looking for the door...
Our troops have gathered on the Fomorach border in the Northwest. There they train and study. They have seen the good citizens of Fomorach try to flee the never-ending tyranny of their government, only to be cut down in the fields by their Queen's lackeys. The horses of our Knights and Ancient Cavalry chomp on their bits, awaiting battle. Is now the time to right the wrongs of the orange monkeys? Shall we show them the proper way to run a country? Should we declare WAR???!!!

I'd say the time is definitely getting close to declare war

What are soldiers for? Why do they march and train? War! Release the hounds!

Section F.1 of the Code of Laws states this:

Section F.1 Declaration of War
To declare a war, the Minister of Foreign Affairs will create a normal poll for the Assembly. If more than 50% of the voters, not counting abstain, support the declaration, war can be declared.

But I believe this thread shows the strong will of the people and no poll is needed.

In this post, our Foreign Affairs Minister has stated he is ready for war. Shall we look at your battle plan? Is there an appropriate time to declare war? Declare before entering their lands? Etc....

I can declare at the begining of the next chat, or we can do this according to a plan.

I would say declare right after massing troops at their border the previous turn. If the troops are ready, go right at the first turn. We do have reinforcements in the pipe, correct? Last but not least...to raze or not? IMHO, not. We are civilized, unlike the fomorach.

What about defense though? Falcon02's only comment in this thread was that we will be ready for a war soon...

Well, I feel we should declare war about when we have our offensive troops gathered together, which should be the next turnchat.

My instructions in the Turnchat thread reserved 20 units for defense

13 Pikeman
1 Spearman
3 Gaelic Swordsmen
3 Ancient Cavalry

to defend 18 cities...

little less then I'd like, but I don't want to short change our offensive troops too much either, allowing the English to pick them off.

Ok, then TO. Start your poll now. Apparently mass approval in this thread and my over-ride are not enough. Let's get this done properly.

As soon as we build up some Culture around Dover, we should probably set up a Peace Treaty with the Fomorach. One less headache.

Top Bottom