1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

War!

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by peter grimes, Apr 24, 2007.

1. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Okay - Innovia's attacking Loco, and Aloha and Innovia appear to be working quickly towards Cavalry.

We need to decide who to attack as soon as we're able.

Personally, I think we should attack Loco first. This should be a feint to cause Innovia to believe that we are simply lunging for the injured animal, while all the while we're really aiming at attacking the attacker: Innovia.

We should send a strong but limited sortie against Loco in their central-western area. The idea is that we take a Loco city or two, and are able to hold them against Innovia. These towns we take will serve as a Front Line against future Innovian aggression.

The real attack should land on Innoiva's shores 5ish turns after we land on Loco. Hopefully Innovia's towns in their NW will be lightly defended, so simply dropping off a couple teams of 4 units each will be enough to severely hurt them, and hold them for a few turns, while more teams land. I don't think that stack attacks will be effective here. However, I'm VERY inexperienced at warfare amongst human opponents.

The key is to make Innovia think that we are only interested in picking up the spoils of war around Loco, so that Innovia leaves their squishy heartland undefended. That's why the teams of sorties could be effective against Innovia's heartland. If we encounter more resistance than expected, we can link up the teams into stacks in the timespan of two or three turns.

OK - Let's refine this!! :)

2. Memphus

Memphus Deity

So In Looking at all hte units that will be comming online I notice something very interesting.

Frigates Require Iron.

We are the only ones with Iron.

Frigates absolutely Rock Galleons.

If we have 2-3 of these on either coast no one will be able to land any subsantial force agaisn't us.

3. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I'm reviving this thread, as war has actually broken out.

I'm wondering if we can draw any strong conclusions from the razing of B&O.

It tells me that the small Innovian force we saw moving down is meant as a raiding party, and defensive reinforcement will not be following. Otherwise, why raze a city with two powerful wonders?

Expect to see other cities razed - probably only 1 more, unless reinforcements come. But if reinforcements are already on their way, then we'll see Loco lose more cities. I'd also expect to see a few ships with settlers and workers heading south.

4. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

Very disappointing to see any cities burned to the ground. I was rather looking forward to adding those wonders to our Empire. :mad:

Perhaps we could persuade Loco to just abdicate their country, surrender to Epsilon and we'll give them all cushy jobs in our Empire? :mischief:

5. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

On a more serious note – I think we can conclude that our refusal to sign a NAP with Innovia has made them decide to just wipe out Loco and not commit the forces to actually take over.

This is unfortunate for us, as it means Innovia is probably better defended at home.