1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

War

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by Memento, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Memento

Memento The World is mine

We lost Ivan-Gorod

2. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

Ok, this already gives 25 war weariness points. 5 more points, and our war happiness is gone...

How do we defend Templar's Tobacco?

3. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Swordsmen 3/3 (LulzSec) kill warrior 3/3 -> 3/4
    Swordsmen 5/5 (TT) slain by chariot 4/4 -> 2/4
    Horsemen 4/4 kill Numidian Mercenaries 3/3 in Glastonbury -> 4/4
    Glastonbury is conquered
    Mine and road near Lanzelot's Edge are pillaged

And a litte bonus

Barbarian ship 2/2 sinks curragh 3/3 -> 2/2

4. Memento

3 swords don´t attack L-E?
    horse don´t attack chariot in TT?
    but horse attack NM in Glaston.
    :lol:
    give money back to Küche and retire

5. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

After elite sword died there is no reason to use horse. Probably they pull more troops to L-e

6. Memento

TT: Horse vs Chariot win 81.6%, Hoplit there, they don´t know how many units in town
    Glaston: Horse vs NM win 39%, draw 29,8% (if draw, no protect and we can kill him), they don´t know how many units in town

7. Memento

save is there
    next turn probably we lost Carlion (2 swords+cat vs NM+cat)
    Montsalvat too (horse vs NM). Lost iron.
    raze the town, destroy few units from Anarchos, pillage all, send Küche all our money and retire next or overnext turn if we pay all back.

8. Memento

No comments?
    16h left, with timeout 40h

9. Lanzelot

Just got home and the kids into bed...
    Checking the save now. I'll play, and we can discuss later, whether we still have a chance...

10. Memento

makes no sense for me to play longer than 3-5 turns.

11. Lanzelot

Carlion defended successfully!! :dance:
    This turn we can reinforce with 5 new units, if necessary. Also our GA started, and I asked, whether the Küche can connect their iron, if we run out of swordsmen and fail to re-connect our own iron.
    So I think, there is still hope...

12. ignas

ignas kunigaikstis

What are the chances to hold against Anarchie?

13. Lanzelot

It's better now, but still the chances are very low. We probably have the better long-term chances, if we use gold+shields and our GA, but if we loose another town or two, even this might not be enough.
    Also, if the Eagles send some troops and start a second front, it's over.

14. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

They took a risk, but did not succeeded. Now O' Outlook safe.
    I moved Sword forward at forest to Tobacco, probably GL better. Now worker and 3/5 Horse can try run away.

15. Lanzelot

Never ever give up! :D

16. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I arrived OK, Internet here works.

17. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I move discussion here, as it is war related. also we need next 101-120 thread.

We don't have enough horses to threaten Saragossa, the iron hill, Timbuktu and Bengasi from the gold mountain! and at City siedge they less dangerous then swords.

we can't wait " City in front of Timbuktu" and lot of Archers. We have to deal with Iron quickly before Feudalism will appear.

If Anarhos block Jungle they are safe. Real problem of Sarragossa is that they may return Trebukhets and hoplits to sarragossa. Their workers are with the stack to make safe road.

What do you think about plan: 2-3 turns later to pillage road on horse hill (HH) and unload troops to Galleys? They will think, thet we retreat, step on Hill and stuk there? It is a risk, but at equal military the only way to reach something is a risk and overmanuvre enemy.

Just attrack big stack aside and strike in empty space. From this point I was very unsure about East move, but as Nimtzovich wrote "Cetralization and decentralization..."

South/east front: where to step on Dice or IBT Cities? Most probably they disband Luz, and we will be locked IBT river and ruins...

One NM will stay where 11's now to welcome our horses.
    Do we need more troops? I thought just 2 horses, but Leave NM as mobile reserve.

18. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

had a look on the save. i would move:
    - east on dyes (sic!)
    - land NM and horse on empty roaded plain. there is a risk to lose them of course. but they might try and hold Lulz, then they have to keep 2 units in Kommune.
    - you may even want to advance the lone sword there
    - north: move whole stack back to hill 1ne
    - all ships back to LE and load, so to land 6 troops next to Saragossa next turn

this MAY get you two things: a serious threat to Saragossa and the Bengasi iron; plus cutting them off 1 lux.

personally, i would also rush the galley in OO. you finally have to get something moving along the southern coast.

t_x

19. Lanzelot

Too late to think now. Just a few points for tomorrow:

Eagles discovered Feudalism. For some reason, they sent it to Küche, but not to Anarchy. But justanick expects they will send it to Anarchy this turn.

I like both options, 1N and 1E.
    1E would definitely destroy Lulzsec, as the two horses can join the attack (while they can't attack Kommune I). Better play it safe and take that one town and then return E-N to Kommune I.
    Don't move between the towns. The river will give us at least some protection against units coming from the west. (And if they don't disband LulzSec, I don't want to attack Hoplites across the river...)

We don't need enough horses to threaten Saragossa, the iron hill, Timbuktu and Bengasi! It's enough, if we have enough horses to threaten one of these targets, because the Anarchos cannot know, which of the 4 we are going to attack, so they will need to defend all 4 of them... Means, if we can land 6 horses, they need let's say 4 hoplites per town = 12, and a few for the iron hill.
    I think, we should not rush now. We will be late for Feudalism anyway, so better play save and prepare well. I think we can produce units faster than they can, so if we avoid losses, we should in the long run overtake them. Until then just weaken them wherever we can.

I don't understand your plan with the horse hill? Most of their stack there has gone away this turn (probably to defend the east now?). But I think we cannot advance there now, there's still the risk that some trebs and the stack returns. Or do we risk it in order to draw their troops back west? At least wait a turn to let the NM heal and their stack move further away...

Edit: cross-post with templar...

20. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I wrote it before see 530 sav. I thought they will advance

Do you like T-x proposal to load 6 units on Jungle next turn? (510)