1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft 4?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Maat, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Maat

Maat Chieftain

Do you think the next Warcraft game should be like Civ 6, it would be different but I think would be kool and interesting what you think?

2. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Emperor

Warcraft is RTS, not 4K so I don't think it might be a thing.
    The future of Warcraft is I believe rather on mobile not PC. So it will rather evolve from classical PC RTS into a mobile strategy like Clash of Clans.
    As far I would love to see Warcraft as a Civ-like game there is no chance for this in my opinion. The only thing we can expect from Warcraft in a Civ game is a fan mod.

3. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

No offense meant, but that's like saying the next new dog breed should be more like a cat. Very different species of game/animal. Ridiculous example, I know, but I hope it gives an idea of why this wouldn't work.

Hellenism Salesman and PiR like this.
  4. mdl5000

mdl5000 Prince

how is warcraft like Civ?
    I only played a demo of Warcraft 1 many many years ago.
    I thought it was funny when the orcs said "Your command, master" when to me it sounded like "You're the man, master"

5. Maat

Maat Chieftain

Now that I think of it, if the next Warcraft game be like Heroes of Might and Magic 4 would be pretty kool I reckon?

6. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe King

Do you mean, Can be QUeatzalcoalt playable in Civ 7 as an Aztec Unique Heroe?

7. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Prince

8. Naokaukodem

Naokaukodem Millenary King

I think there's more chance for the next Civ (Civ7 ?) to be more like Warcraft. (It is told that Firaxis, especially Sid Meier, already considered real time strategy)

Maat likes this.
  9. jasper

jasper Warlord

Lol

Wow came from warcraft rts. You can make a warcraft anything. Make a warcraft moba or card game lol.

10. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

the hell?
    What is next, Next Mario game be like civ?

PiR likes this.
  11. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

That already exists. It's called a fox. :mischief:

They should wait to see whether AoE4 reinvigorates the dying RTS market before committing to that, especially when they're already dominating the historical 4X market, recent competitive titles from smaller studios notwithstanding.

12. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

RTS is a dying/dead market anyway... Even Starcraft II died last year and only AOE franchise is still alive...

13. Zaarin

That's literally what I said. :p

14. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

and me saying there is ZERO reason why Fraxis would drastically change their game for something that is dying.

Zaarin likes this.
  15. Zaarin

Right. Like I said, they're dominating their market, and the RTS market is not doing well. If that's an option they're considering, it would be prudent on their part to wait to see if Age of Empires IV improves that market--because if not it wouldn't be a very good investment on their part. Personally I don't think it would be a wise investment anyway. It would be like, say, BioWare making a multiplayer action game. :shifty:

16. PiR

PiR King Supporter

Starcraft 2 was released in 2010. After that, only old titles were remastered. I wouldn't even call that alive. I don't have big hopes for AOE4.

17. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

especially when it is basically AOE2.5

PiR likes this.
  18. Maat

Maat Chieftain

Perhap AoE4 would be better off as a mobile game, than again there are too many empire games on mobile now...

PiR likes this.
  19. Zaarin

Personally I think AoE4 looks very promising, marrying the best features of AoK and AoE3 (which I have the unpopular opinion of thinking is a great game). The asymmetric factions and ability to man walls (finally) are exactly the sort of features I'd hope for in a modern AoE game. Assuming AoE4 does well, I hope AoE5 returns to the Ancient/Classical eras, as the original Age of Empires is sadly lacking in flavor. Or basic quality of life features.

Of course they're returning to the Middle Ages. They're rebooting a franchise from fifteen years ago, and AoK was their most popular title--not to mention the Middle Ages are generally the most accessible era. It just makes sense.

Duke William of Normandy and PiR like this.
  20. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

Bit upsetting from a guy who likes gunpowder and guns. AOE3 has a lot of gunpowder units and sad to see aoe4 will not have so many Gunpowder units. Not to mention we already have aoe2 so why buy aoe4 when we have aoe2?