Resource icon

Warfare Expanded (for MOAR) 7.3

Hi, Wolfdog. Something I spotted in my current savegame - ship of the line is cheaper than frigate, should be reversed I think?
Thanks, it should not be so I will get that changed.
Hello people and dear mod author. I am using version 7 and a lot of units are just not there. Some of the modded units shows up and I can create them so the mod definitely working, like armoured car and landship but a lot of them missing. I don't have stealth fighter (B2 etc.), bomber, ships etc. in the game. at all.
I am using moar units 1.2, RED modpack, AI airforce, land units for moar, RED for moar units AI+.
Land units for moar has been disabled as it said Warfare expanded is the same mod and it is incompatible so I un-ticked it before I started a new game. I don't know if these units should show up or they should be on the tech tree as well or is it like an upgrade?
Anybody can help what could be wrong please?
Land units for MOAR is a really old version of Warfare Expanded for MOAR before it had air and naval units. You should not be using Land Units anymore.

Any luck in finding out whether the bomber's 'bombard improvement/district' function is hard coded? Would be good to have heavy ships and sige bombard improvements to wind down the enemy with attrition without taking cities. It will ad flavour to war making
Does not look like this is going to be possible with the current abilities. Someone who knows lua possibly could but I don't know.

Hi, Wolfdog. Something I spotted in my current savegame - ship of the line is cheaper than frigate, should be reversed I think?
No this is not correct. SOTL costs 320 and Frigate costs 280.

Last edited:
Not sure if it’s by design because of the redcoats UU but playing as England I can’t build naval infantry because I haven’t got a harbour district. Tried several cities that have the Royal Navy dockyard but can’t build these units. Would it be possible to add the Royal Navy dockyard as a possible requirement for building these units?

Wolfdog updated Warfare Expanded (for MOAR) with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes

Moved stealth aircraft Nanotechnology to be compatible with Real Era Stop mod.
Increased Nanotechnology's prereq techs to 4 so stealth aircraft can't be built to soon after jet aircraft.
Made Construction a prereq tech of Military Tactics to stop B-lining to Pikemen.
Made Iron Working a prereq tech of Construction to stop B-lining to Heavy Infantry.
Removed Marine requires Harbor district due to Royal Navy Dockyard issue. May look into this some more in the future.
Changed Attack Sub so it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorry, you weren't able to get the marine line to work with the RND. I wasn't sure if that code would work or if you could only define a single pre-req District. I suppose you could always duplicate and rename those three Marine units specifically for England and give them the RND for a pre-req.
Yeah I think the code would have worked if there were individual Marines for each civ and not a single global Marine (I think that makes sense). Like you said I think the only way for it to work is to create separate Marines for England give them the RND for a pre-req. Only one prereq used to work in all the other versions of Civ because they would have say a building "class" as the prereq not a particular building or whatever other prereq they had.

I might ask the question then to anyone here do we wan't the Marines to have a harbor/RND as a prereq or just leave it with no prereq?

My game crashes from the start menu ... only moar units and warfare expaned mods... all from steam

So I can’t use the steam version it has to be direct download
That is not a link to this mod it is a link to a workaround that Gedemon has made to fix an issue with mods when using R&F. This link is not a mod but a bug fix for R&F modding in general.

That is not a link to this mod it is a link to a workaround that Gedemon has made to fix an issue with mods when using R&F. This link is not a mod but a bug fix for R&F modding in general.

Ohhh so I edit the base game DLC file ?

I figured it out thank you ... I’m trying out your mod and ohhh my amazing work ....

Hi,
Now that you have separated the gattling gun and machine gun, there is a gap for the anti-cav. I have all my army upgraded to industrial units, but the pike and shot there does not fit. I can't anymore upgrade it to gattling gun.
I really like the fact that the machine guns can stack, before they were useless.

Hi,
Now that you have separated the gattling gun and machine gun, there is a gap for the anti-cav. I have all my army upgraded to industrial units, but the pike and shot there does not fit. I can't anymore upgrade it to gattling gun.
I really like the fact that the machine guns can stack, before they were useless.
It was actually Deliverator who separated them when he updated MOAR after R&F but yes I agree there is now a big gap there that will need to be filled.

I have been trying to think what to replace it with but it is difficult because there were not really any anti-cavalry units during that time period. From what I can tell anti-cavalry was more a tactic that involved line infantry forming a square. So with that in mind I was thinking of using line infantry which sort of fits as the anti-cavalry line is basically heavy infantry anyway.

Any future plans ? Any Cold War era style of aircraft ? I wonder if there a way to bring back the guided middle ?

It was actually Deliverator who separated them when he updated MOAR after R&F but yes I agree there is now a big gap there that will need to be filled.

I have been trying to think what to replace it with but it is difficult because there were not really any anti-cavalry units during that time period. From what I can tell anti-cavalry was more a tactic that involved line infantry forming a square. So with that in mind I was thinking of using line infantry which sort of fits as the anti-cavalry line is basically heavy infantry anyway.

What about a grenadier? Not exactly anti-cav, but an industrial era heavy infantry unit still. You got those fur hat models from the french UU.
Also, did Deliverator release his melee cuirassier model? You could use it in WE

From what I can tell anti-cavalry was more a tactic that involved line infantry forming a square. So with that in mind I was thinking of using line infantry which sort of fits as the anti-cavalry line is basically heavy infantry anyway.
I agree, Line Infantry with bayonets would work nicely. I would think basically a visual upgrade for the Pike and Shot would work - A combination of a couple or three bayonet-armed rifleman with an additional one or two in the rear to fire. Or maybe even a pistol-armed Cuirassier behind the bayonets.

Any future plans ? Any Cold War era style of aircraft ? I wonder if there a way to bring back the guided middle ?
No plans for Cold War era aircraft mainly because there is no where to put them on the tech tree.
I looked at the guided missile a while back and it may be possible to use the nuke ability but I am not sure so I have put it in the too hard basket.
What about a grenadier? Not exactly anti-cav, but an industrial era heavy infantry unit still. You got those fur hat models from the french UU.
Also, did Deliverator release his melee cuirassier model? You could use it in WE
I thought about the grenadier but I think line infantry is a better fit plus there is not that ability that allows a ranged attack followed by a melee attack like in Civ 5 that I can think of.
I think Deliverator has updated his assets so I will check out the melee cuirassier .
I agree, Line Infantry with bayonets would work nicely. I would think basically a visual upgrade for the Pike and Shot would work - A combination of a couple or three bayonet-armed rifleman with an additional one or two in the rear to fire. Or maybe even a pistol-armed Cuirassier behind the bayonets.
I like your suggestion to have some rifleman behind the bayonet infantry to fire like with the pike & shot. I don't think that I will go for a pistol-armed Cuirassier behind as there is no pistol cavalry animation (I think) so I would have to make the animation. But having said that it would be more accurate for the Reiter's to be armed with pistols.

Top Bottom