Warhammer 40000 mod - the community effort

the reasons are fine, except for the SM one. The emperor is too sacred to clone. that would be heretical, and i know thats why the GK are seperate to SM, but then they wouldn't be SM, they'd be CSM, because they'd be heretical. the general idea of them being good yet deemed heretical is fine, as that happens anyway, but cloning the emperor is just wrong. its unthinkable. have them *loose a battle and be expugned from the records*, but cloning the emperor is just unthinkable..

*this has happened several times and is a sound theory*

Expugned? I don`t understand that word :confused:

But, I`ve been thinking of this all day and, well, you won`t belive it, but I changed my mind agian! Incredible! Who would`ve thought? Anyway - here it goes - the 4 different imperial civs will fight each other because... because this is Civ and its more fun like that :D All that background stuff is good for scenarios, but lets be honest - we wanna bash some 40k units with our 40k units while using the Civ3 engine that we like (and hate) oh, so very much.

Oh, and btw I thought the cloning would happen accidentaly, they were going to make a new chapter or something and whoops, created a perfect space marine :) I just realised that the term "clone of the Emperor" is not the right way to describe it, sorry for the confusion :)

Varwnos, Traianus thanks verys muchs! :D

Psh. Some mods need stories (like Lord of Ragnarok) but 40k Does Not! I don't really care why I'm fighting all these dudes who look just like me (but have horns!) I just want to kick some Space Marine ass!

Oi, I`ve been looking trough the Ordo Malleus` minatures range and they have no fast troops.. So I thought of something special for them ;)

Assassin - Hidden Nationality - Cruise Missile - Stealth.

Send them in. Don`t expect them to get back. But expect them to do the job right. :scan::sniper:

BTW, check the first post :)

ok, so stats you want?
idea i threw around earlier:
-att value as WS and S (weapon skill and strenght ie: close combat)
-def value as T (toughness ie: taking hits
-hp as W (wounds ie: how much damage can be taken)
-bombard range as range (how fan gun can shoot)
-bombard strength as BS and Str (ballisctic skill and gun strenght ie: how good you are at shooting, and the guns strenght)
-movement as.. movement..
-blitz as A (ammount of attacks ie: higher attack units [3,4+] would get blitz

-----

thus with these guidelines, fluff, and balancing, we can get a fair and accurate statline for units :)

ok, basing off of both balance, and my system above, i have come to the conclusion that a standard bolter-slinging marine in the offence slot would be as follows:
Attack: 4
Defence: 3
Bombard range: 2
Bombard strenght: 10
ROF: 2
Movement: 1
-----
Lethal land bombard
cost: 80-140

*TGA tries to work out what edition of 40k Qunizy has*

You forgot armour in your calculations. Space marines aren't just tough, they have several layers of plasteel between them and the bullets.

Would you have a use for a spider? :)

Attachments

• spiderbk.PNG
    spiderbk.PNG
    127.7 KB · Views: 90
I am using Google Sketchup, which is a lot easier to work with than Blender :)

The spider is something i thought of making, after the failure to make a truelly gothic looking building; even before that it was supposed to have become a small byzantine church :D

@Quinzy & Stormrage: since i have completed the Spider gfx, i need to know if it will be used in the mod, so i can upload it in the wh40k thread. Otherwise i will open a new thread with general fantasy buildings ;)

@Aaglo: ty :D

Top Bottom