Warhammer Buildings

for the cathay palace

All you need is a glossmap:

-easy just open up the material editor and add a glossmap there

and an environmentlight:

-merge from any examplefile go to modifier panel -> general parameters, select include and in the upcoming menu switch to exclude
-change the texture to what you like in shadow parameters - I'd choose bronze, the environmentlightmaps civ has are all in shared files;)

hit m go shader basic parameters. Choose CivilizationIV shader where Blinn is usually default. Roll down to maps, make a hook at gloss and select your texture as you would with your basic map. glossmaps are usually desaturated but needn't be. Just select your normal texture and see if it works with the environment light for now you can make a proper glossmap later where you just need to blackout any parts of the model you don't want glossy. It's possible that once you got the environmentlight in the scene the model shows all black - there's no way around ingamechecks here really.

Nice buildings and textures! Just a pity that they're for warhammer :(

Just kidding. :lol:

Psychic_Llamas said:
Description: The Cathayan Palace is based off of the description from the fan made Cathayan Army book, and the Summer Palace in Beijing. i would really have liked clouds to cover the bottom, but i dont know how to make effects

For opacity (in this case) I just exported the cloud model straight from 3ds Max with a material that uses an opacity map, and it seems to work perfectly (no transparency issues). You might be able to make a better model/texture for it though. :p The model for the clouds is 96 polygons.

Edit: Fixed attachment. :blush:

Attachments

• Palace_Clouds.zip
    1,004 KB · Views: 84
Oops I was wondering why it was so quick to upload. I made the zip file first and then forgot to add the files to the zip (so I uploaded an empty zip archive). it should be fixed now.

Good stuff P_L.

@Chuggi - It's easy when someone writes us noobs a cheatsheet. :p *hint, hint* With lots of screenies!

Good stuff P_L.

@Chuggi - It's easy when someone writes us noobs a cheatsheet. :p *hint, hint* With lots of screenies!

I'd be worried if you still classified yourself as a noob, woodelf. :lol::p I don't really like writing tutorials (you get a million pm's asking for help, for one thing :crazyeye:) and it's pretty time consuming. Well maybe... but where's WR? he's good at that sort of thing.

I'd be worried if you still classified yourself as a noob, woodelf. :lol::p I don't really like writing tutorials (you get a million pm's asking for help, for one thing :crazyeye:) and it's pretty time consuming. Well maybe... but where's WR? he's good at that sort of thing.

Noob at new stuff then. My problem is that I learn something and then use it once and forget it. :old:

Noob at new stuff then. My problem is that I learn something and then use it once and forget it.

i second that, and what happened to Windellay? he said hed do me some tuts but never did :(

yet another update:

i re-uploaded the cathayn palace file, because it was rotated at an unsightly angle. (it is now rotated the extra 45 degrees as shown in the screenie)
thanks to geomodder for picking me up on that :p

ok heres my attempt at a Highelvesn Apprentice:

for some readon hes all blocky and cubic. is there some way to soften him without increasing the polycount?

If you use 3ds Max I can help you out a bit. Looks great btw, especially the shoulders.

Top Bottom