Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.0

I have a question/sugestion for the future version of the mod:

Shouldn't the "trade communications" option that becomes availabe with the Diplomacy tech be removed? I think it comes way too soon in the game(secon era) and if the game is played on a standard map all the civilisations become known in max 3 turns. What follows next is nothing but a WH version of WW II :lol: : 10 civs or more unite against another 5, for example.
Removing the "trade comm" option should make the atmosphere more middle-ages: one civ should explore more to find the more distant or isolated civs and the alliance system should be more regional.

So what do you think?

Scytale said:
What follows next is nothing but a WH version of WW II :lol: : 10 civs or more unite against another 5, for example.
QUOTE]

Wow, you are so lucky if this happens in your games, it always seems to me that it's 6 civs against me and a very week civ.

With the trading of communication, I don't think it makes that much differance, as all the civs when they meet will always trade tech between themselves but not with u unless u give them a lot more than u get back :mad:

Actually, I think it DOES make a difference. Whenever you go to war the AI will sign military allainces against you. If you don't sign a bunch of alliances agianst the first person to attack you (or you attack) you will eventually find yourself at war with just about every civ in the world. (this happens to me a lot, not just in WH mod)

Anyways the mores civs and AI civ knows, the more people it can sign military alliances with.

Cabbit said:
Actually, I think it DOES make a difference. Whenever you go to war the AI will sign military allainces against you. If you don't sign a bunch of alliances agianst the first person to attack you (or you attack) you will eventually find yourself at war with just about every civ in the world. (this happens to me a lot, not just in WH mod)

Anyways the mores civs and AI civ knows, the more people it can sign military alliances with.

Exactly! That's why if the "trade comm" option is removed the AI won't be able to unite the whole world agins you and the alliance system should be more regional...at least in the early stages of the game( first, second and even third era).
The main difference is that, by the third era, there will be less civs left to fight or you will be more prepared(gold, troops, teritory). It also gives a middle age flavor to the game - discovering other civilisations is more difficult( you have to fight barbarians, convince other leaders to give you right of passage etc in order too reach more distant civs).

These are the reasons I almost left out the trade comm in my mod and did remove it from my version of WH. I never liked the ability to trade comm anyway, without some kind of radio communication. Or crystal balls in the fantasy world.

Actually, I would say leave it in. Basically, at that point (late in the second era) it doesn't help the human any, but rather the AI. The human has (or should have) contacted every single continental player, and probably has sent ships over to other continents. Adding in trade comms helps the poor backwards AI's who haven't done this to find everybody and become players again.

Hey, didn't want to read all the pages to find this out... is the 2.02 update from August of 2004 the most recent version of this mod?

Thanks

Hi Landmonitor
I have found with most mods ... that the recent versions are always on the front page on post 1 and any patches are usually post 2 ... in this case it is all on post 1 ... ;)

and welcome to CFC :goodjob:

Thanks for the tipe, I pretty much thought so, but wanted to make sure. I downloaded this, Master of Mirror, and Rhye's, can't wait to try them out! I've been playing Rise and Rule over the past couple months (like 4 hours per week!) and its really good.

I was considering reading through the pages to see if the question had been answered, but then I realised just how many there were :p

I am having problems with the text, in that it is all in the wrong place. To be honest, it looks to me how it would if the comments were removed (i.e. on the Random Map Generator screen at the start of a new game, it goes 'CLIMATE, Arid, Normal' for example. With no 'Wet' in sight.)

Is there an easy fix for this? It's no major deal, and it hasn't stopped me from greatly enjoying the mod so far :p

(I am using Civ 3: Conquests, which hasn't been patched or modified at all)

Why isn't it possible for units to enter mountains here. It's very strange?

It adds strategy to the game. Most fantasy mods do this because in fantasy worlds, armies rarely march across mountain ranges.

Are there a FAQ list for the Warhammer mod?

I read that Settlers can't move over mountains, but when I am playing - NONE of my units can pass mountains, but the AI can.

If this is a bug - why don't I see others who also has it?

Is this possible to change in the biq file?

Great game though :) Just hope I can fix this problem soon since it is impossible to mine, get rescources and so from the mountains :(

Oh, you answered while I wrote.

BUT if the case is that no units can touch the mountains - Why can the AI do so (or is it unique for the dwarves?)

Secondly - Strategical and Luxury Rescources in mountains can't be used.

And for the third. What is the purpose of defence bonus on untouchable terrain??

I am very confused.

I think there are a few units that might be able to cross the mountains, I haven't played WH in a while, but only dwarves had the ability, but not all I don't believe. There shouldn't be any Strategic or Luxury resources in the mountains.

There's heaps of strat/lux rescources in the mountains (iron, saltpeter, warpstone) you name it. It's just too weird and doesn't make any sense. It's even stranger that I haven't found much debate around it (or?)

What is Embryodeads opinion on this?

I don't recall seeing that, I guess though ED should answer that since it is his baby afterall. ;)

Workers can cross mountains, after you build a road there, all units can cross mountains.

Almost all units in WH mod are set to "wheeled", thus meaning that they will not be able to enter mountain terrain until you build a road through it. (except for the "flying" units, and workers and maybe one or two other units)

After you get used to the system, it seems strange that normal civilization doesn't work this way; after all, mountains are natural barriers that have, historically, contributed greatly to the ability of many nations/civilizations to remain politically and/or culturally distinct from their neighbors. (Great examples of this are India and Switzerland)

Top Bottom