Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

Looks like you don't have the Japanese units that were included with Civ3: Play the World but not Civ3:Complete. Firaxis released them as a download on this site but I can't seem to find it. Anyone?

A bit late I realize, but my copy (Mac) of C3C has the Sengoku scenario in ...Conquests Game Data\Conquests\Sengoku... in the ...Art/Units... directory. That might be where the required files are in the PC version.

My deepest apologies for reviving such an ancient and crusty old tome of wisdom and knowledge, but I missed this mod back in the day and just deeply wanted to express my gratitude and admiration to the mod team. I hope that everything has gone well for you all these past few years, and you have moved on to grander and greater things. This is one of the most accomplished, well made, and polished mods I have ever seen throughout 2 decades of gaming, and I hope that someone has paid attention and signed you up for commercial projects. If, however, you are still in the business of mod-making, how about getting the old team back together for a 'Mighty Empires - Total War' mod?

Thank you all for a wonderful gaming experience, and best of luck for the future.

Love and Peace. x

Does anybody know where I can get the updated city graphics for this game? From what I can remember, the late-game Middle Eastern and European cities looked more fortress-like, the dwarf cities were built out of mountains...I think there were some other graphics things alongside those, maybe citizen heads, but I can't really remember. Anyway, I lost the files, and now I can't even remember where I found them. Any help?

And where can I find warhammer maps that work for the latest version of the mod? Thanks in advance.

There's a really good partial map here - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=309154

As for a world map, I actually have one, but (like the graphics I mentioned in the post above) I have no idea now where I got it from - I swear, stuff like this is next to impossible to find on this site. Anyway, the map's so big that the game slows to a crawl about halfway in (at least on my computer), and I'm not sure how to upload stuff here. Like I say though, the map I've linked you to is pretty good.

@Yi Long
Thanks on behalf of myself and others ;) I believe most of us are either done with Civ3 or on hiatus, it's been 6 years since the project started, after all.

@SrgtWilco
There wasn't any such update made for this mod that I'm aware of. Perhaps you found these in another mod - the dwarf cities built out of mountains are in Middle Earth: Lord of the Mods; it has some different graphics for other races as well.

Yeah, it was sort of an ad-hoc thing. The dwarf cities used the same graphics as the LOTR mod, but I remember the Imperial-era ME cities were made up of big, shining towers, and the Euro cities of the same era had a fortress-type look to them. Again, not sure if anyone knows where to find this.

I hate to bump this and act a utter newb, but I installed this mod before on my Civ3 game, but lately on my new computer, Ive been having trouble figureing out how to do it again. Can anyone help me out here and maybe give me a idea of what to do?

Edit: "Or better yet, tell me how IM suppose to use the program you suggested is to make the RAR folder playable :/

I hate to bump this and act a utter newb, but I installed this mod before on my Civ3 game, but lately on my new computer, Ive been having trouble figureing out how to do it again. Can anyone help me out here and maybe give me a idea of what to do?

Edit: "Or better yet, tell me how IM suppose to use the program you suggested is to make the RAR folder playable :/

You need a program to unpack it, such as 7-zip. Once you install it you'll be able to open the RAR archive and copy the files to your Conquests/Scenarios folder.

I've finished a global Warhammer Fantasy map for this mod, based on available maps online.

Here's a sneak peek:

Is this the Warhammer Fantasy Mod that you need to download to get the added units and info for your map, Leobon? I am tempted to try playing it just for the experience.

Is this the Warhammer Fantasy Mod that you need to download to get the added units and info for your map, Leobon? I am tempted to try playing it just for the experience.

Yes, if you download the files in the ZIP I provide in my thread, and do what the Readme says to do (I didn't want to make people overwrite original Warhammer files), you can start playing this mod on a full Warhammer map.

Great mod I have not played fantasy themed mod this good since Master of Magic, Jr. scenario that came in CIV II expansion disk. I love immense amount of detail that this CIV III mod has, nice touch is that the goofy old history of warhammer world is included with collapse of the warpgates of the spacefrogs and all, the ships based on Man'O'War miniatures rock too.

This thread has also been enormous help, when first installing I had strange problems but it turned out I had installed the mod in PTW scenarios folder instead of Conquests scenario folder as it should have been.

Thank you!

OK, I have C3, C3C, C3PTW and this mod installed. How do I play this mod? I installed it into C3C/Scenarios/WH2 but when I start up C3C I don't see it.

Derp, nevermind.. haha.. I found it under Civ Content on the main menu.

I have to say that this is a beautiful mod! What a fantastic job you guys have done. I'm playing the Sylvanians and I LOVE the leaderheads. It isn't the Warhammer universe that I grew up with.. but, then again, that original version was so unbalanced.. in my favor.. haha.. I was so pissed when they split up the undead.

Do any of you still play Warhammer?.. as in, the tabletop game? I can't for the life of me find any decent group of tabletoppers around where I live. I don't have my army anymore due to moving several times.. but I still have the old Bloodbowl and my Dwarven team. Ah, the tournament that I played in with them was awesome. That was one of the greatest summers of my childhood. I made it to 2nd place by buying the Deathroller and killing/injuring other people's players the first time I played them and then the next time they came around their team was crippled. Haha.. good times.

I'm looking for a map, it was fairly large with just the Old World peninsula (not Kai's map). Does anybody know where/if this exists?

Top Bottom