Warhammer fantasy units/graphics preview/development thread

Thank you LizardMenRule. I didn't think about the 'replace improvement with this flag' thing. I guess you could also have rare Chaos-only strategic resources ("Node of Khorne", "Node of Nurgle" etc), and tie the daemons to those. Maybe even demanding that they were located within the city radius...

Oh, and Bloodthirsters and Bloodletters are separate creatures. The first is a greater daemon, the other is a lesser one. The Balrog works very well as a 'thirster, so no need to improve anything there.

Mr. Do:
That idea's come up before, I seconded the idea of a LoC and KoS unit for that reason, but without them, there's no point.
I didn't know you had discussed it before, sorry. However, I don't agree that you need all the greater daemons to warrant chaos god-specific rules. If you choose Tzeentch and get access to Horrors for that instead of Bloodthirsters, that's just fine. Just make the Horrors a lower-level and cheaper unit.

That massive list seems a little superfluous- why didn't you just say, "everything in the entire WH world that's not been made yet" and then add the few less obvious choices (like pit fighters, new versions of hammerers etc.)?
Well, because I don't want "everything in entire WH world". Tabletop-wise, I left out the Ghoul, for example, because a recoulored zombie fills that slot well enough. Secondly: Many human units you might want can already be found in the libraries here, even if it wasn't intended for WH (like the Cathayan firelancer), and lastly: what is less obvious choices to one person may not be so to another.

aagloster, now that you've got the Nagas done, could you perhaps hit up some of thoes Orks I requested? I'd Reaaaaaaaaaaaaly appreciate it.

Do you think you could maybe edit the Nag lady into a humanoid/ elven shape? Then the WH Dark Elves could finally get a sensible magic user unit (And maybe the other elves too if she looks generic enough)...

Tee-hee :)
I started working on a life mage, and this came out - wood elf sorceress. I think I could do a few other versions of these (dark elf and high elf - altough I think that high elves don't have female sorcerers - but who cares :) )

What do you think?

Please do note, that I cannot - even if my life would depend on it - make longer skirts. I just can't (because I don't have a clue how to make one). Sorry :)

And I do admit, that it looks a bit anime-girly, but I certainly did not intend that to happen - it just came out that way :lol:

It's looking good, but I'm not very fond of the green colour, it's a bit too pale IMO. I think it should be more saturated, and maybe a bit more yellow. :)

It's not really in line with the new darker Wood Elf theme, but do I care? It's great! At least one out of the three new High Elf mages is female also, so no problem there either :)

Well I'll be damned, if it ain't the Laura Ingals in person :lol:

I couldn't guess it was this easy to pull off the longer skirt :lol: - this proves, that one never should say "I can't do it". :p

But there's one thing I can't do - a slit in that long skirt :mischief:

Did you grow her arms as well? Maybe it's just that the big preview is from the SE, but that hanging arm looks very long. Elves ain't apes. ;)

Good work on the skirt. :thumbsup:

those are some long chimp-like arms! Elbows should fall at the belly and the tips of the fingers should fall at mid-thigh. :) At least on a standard human. Not sure about elves, but as mrtn mentioned, elves ain't apes. :p

aaglo said:
Well I'll be damned, if it ain't the Laura Ingals in person :lol:
Brilliant ... now that's very retro ... memories come afloodin :goodjob:

I really like the sunflower staff ... nice touch ... good job :)

I think others have said what I would've said. It looks really good and I like the less girly version with the longer skirt.

You could really have fun with this one's attacks. How about thorny vines sprouting out of ground? :)

I'm thinking about making 3 different female sorcerers:
- this one (with civ-coloured dress), with this sunflowerish staff and possibly the cool idea of thorny-vines-sprouting-from-the-ground -attack.
- one with almost white dress - sort of life-mageish unit; golden hair, a bit similar attack as with the hobgoblin shaman
- one with almost black dress - could be suitable for dark elves - maybe a flame or lightning attack :p

Top Bottom