1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer - Total War

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Angst, May 24, 2016.

1. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

Before you say anything, yes they are greedy butt-tunnels. Now that's out of the way, let's talk about the game.

Anyone else bought it? What do you think of the game?

2. sherbz

sherbz Chieftain

I'm probably going to get this by default. As I'm picking up a Radeon fury and it comes free. I'll post later ;)

3. Angst

Great, at least one more into the fold :)

Personally I've always kinda liked the Warhammer universe but didn't have the heart, space or money to build an army. This makes me able to play with it somewhat, which is nice.

4. Wolfbeckett

Wolfbeckett Jerkin' and nonsense.

I'd be more interested in this if it was Warhammer 40K. I've never really been into Warhammer Fantasy much at all.

5. Angst

It's one of the reasons I haven't gotten into the hobby yet. I prefer Warhammer Fantasy and the Danish scene is all about 40k :(

6. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Only certain thing is that (unless the engine is more broken than previous ones) TW already has the community to make WH mods given they did for M2TW as well.

And from the promo video i recall that they have huge summoned demons in this one, which allows for more possibilities :)

7. Angst

There are indeed large things running around. Greenskins have giants, they're really tough.

8. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Warlord

I'm looking forward to this one, but I don't know if I can cough up $60 for a game. The reviews I've read are all pretty positive, though.

9. Angst

I find the game barebones but a lot of fun. I wouldn't have gotten anything out of it playing on my own, but cooping the campaign with a friend is a lot of fun. The game mechanics are solid and the empire building is very fit for Warhammer.

EDIT: I'm actually looking forward to the pricey DLC.

Also, for those that care (hopefully you do), the game runs very, very well. Some people have had problems but it's nowhere the catastrophe Rome 2 was at launch, for example. My machine is lower tier but pulls it off quite perfectly; the lower graphics options, if not marvelously pretty, because they're lower graphics after all, they are still stylish and allows the game to run on comparably poor machines. Texture can be turned down significantly and it still looks better than eg Rome 1, Medieval 2.

However on snow maps with the shadows too poor, the ground looks really ugly. That's my only real complaint so far, but I just turned the shadow quality up, and the game runs just as well.