1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Warlord Faction

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Provolution, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Oni of Chaos

Oni of Chaos The Barrel Roll Guy

If we end up randomizing what Civ we play, then we should get nice early game traits like Creative for better borders, Industrious for faster wonders, Imperialistic for faster Settlers, or Aggressive for better early military expansion. Spiritual isn't helpful for REX, Expansive for the workers and extra health is an option, Protective isn't useful for expansion until gunpowder, Philosophical isn't helpful for expansion, Organized would be good for the reduced costs, and Charismatic is ok because of the XP requirement reduction.

2. Oni of Chaos

Ok I have some ideas for our leader:
    Victoria of England (Financial,Imperialistic, UU:Redcoats, UB:Stock Exchange) UU and UB both aren't helpful for REX, but Financial will help pay for the expansion and Imperialistic will help make city making happen faster, and the UU/UB will help us go for whatever we wish in midgame.

Charlemange of Holy Roman Empire (Protective,Imperialistic, UU:Landskneckt, UB:Rathaus) Protective is helpful if we suffer counterattacks but is mildly useful until gunpowder, Imperialistic makes settlers faster (awesome for REX :D), the UU will help us expand greatly in the Medieval Age (though we are looking for early expansion I believe), and the UB is just plain awesome (-75% City Maintenance, perfect for solidifying our empire after a REX)

Huayna Capac of the Incas (Industrious,Financial, UU:Quechua, UB:Terrace) Industrious doesn't help that much for REX unless you consider Stonehenge/Oracle, Financial will help pay for said expansion, Quechua if we want to do the famed Quecha Rush, and the Terrace will let us skip Monuments.

Genghis Khan of Mongolia (Aggressive,Imperialistic,UU:Keshik,UB:Ger) This guy is very synergetic. Aggressive will give combat 1 and make barracks half price so we can build more military, Imperialistic for the more settlers and GGs, the Keshik will be awesome for helping conquest in the Classical Age with the Ger to give it more XP.

Julius Caesar of the Romans (Organized,Imperialistic,UU:praetorians, UB:Forum) Organized will cut civic maintenance costs in half and give us faster lighthouses and courthouses early on, the Praets will be awesome for Classical Conquest, and the Forum isn't that helpful for expansion (GA maybe?)

Catherine of Russia (Creative,Imperialistic,UU:Cossack,UB:Research Institute) With the 2 culture from Creative and the faster settler production from Imperialistic, Cathy is a great early landgrabber. The UU and UB aren't helpful at all in that respect though.

Any other suggestions for leaders, or reasons why 1 or more of these should be taken off the potentials list?

3. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

I think we randomize nation, so please focus on traits in the first go.

I take it you sign up for Warlord Faction (please make it official).

I am open to all the proposals, on a trait based discussion only, and we intend to start the discussion on choice when we are 3 or more people (you, me and 1 more).

4. Provolution

First out, we still need to nail down gameworld parameters, but they look like Standard Sized Terra with Random features as it stands. The core continent will not be that big. As Civilization will be random, and leader elected, I suggest we focus on what is more natural traits for a Warlord, and that each of us nominate three alternatives in order to find a good candidate.

My three proposals would be:

1. Winston Churchill (Charismatic/Protective)
    2.Gilgamesh (Creative/Protective)
    3. De Gaulle (Charismatic/Industruous)

Either of these three fits in my sense the three warlord types I want to see, and late game is always interesting, as the expansion is "Beyond the Sword".

Please notice that Charismatic and Protective traits are in all these combinations, and please recall we are "Warlord Faction", nothing else.

5. Oni of Chaos

I see. How do I officially sign myself up? :D
    My three proposals would be Genghis Khan (Agressive/Imperialistic), Boudica (Aggressive/Charismatic), and Julius Caesar (Organized, Imperialistic).

Btw you said carve out a solid state in the first 40-50 turns, and having 50% faster settler production helps a lot there ;) (if you want to do mostly military might want to add on something there)

6. Provolution

Just write, I sign up in the Warlord Faction as a member. that easy.

7. Oni of Chaos

I sign up in the Warlord Faction as a member. ;)

8. Provolution

You are in Oni :)

Now we need one more fellow, then we can begin to decide on the Faction details. I presented a proposal to show the general direction.

9. Oni of Chaos

I asked the Pub guild, maybe someone in there will join :D

If we can't get another member, should we just start hammering things out ourselves?

10. Oni of Chaos

Provo, you think we should do a sign up thread like Alum did?

11. Provolution

Oni, please set one up, and we are good to go :)

12. Oni of Chaos

13. Provolution

Ice2k4, good to have you in. Please nominate three leaders we should choose from to represent us.

14. ice2k4

ice2k4 Emperor

Not exactly a member just yet, I'm leaning immensely towards your faction, but I do not want to swear allegiance until I see platforms from you and daveshacks faction.

So I don't want to start nominating leaders where it is not my place.

15. Provolution

Both Warlords Faction and Tribal Council got each their basic platform, as you can see on the front thread post.

16. Oni of Chaos

If what is on the front page you do not consider to be a platform, please elaborate on how we can elaborate.

17. Provolution

Could be he wants to see where the wind blows, but we in Warlords stand steady as rocks :)

18. Rashiminos

Rashiminos Fool Prophet

Rocks have problem, they can't move. :mischief:

Rolling requires the act of some other agency on the rocks. My question would be who would roll the rocks (presuming the Warlords are the rocks) and where would they be rolled?

19. Provolution

Rock'n Roll. We can indeed move :) You haven't seen anything yet, and thanks for the negative advertising in our thread :).

20. ice2k4

ice2k4 Emperor

Your platform isn't really lacking anything (except your in-game objectives.) I'm really looking to see where the other platforms go.