warlord level hints

martyboy

Chieftain
I must be a very poor player compared to what you guys claim. I cant succeed even at warlord level. I play tokugawa mostly, and custom game with 3-4 opponents and no barbarians, as I cant stand them. It seems to take me ages to get samurai, by which time I am miles behind in the score count and seem to have no hope of catching up. I usually go for conquest victories, or perhaps If I am in front, on an even lower level, I might see if I can hang out for a points victory. So, what am I doing wrong? I am usually fairly war like, and hate micromanaging, but am open to suggestions. There must be some fairly standard tips for succeeding athigher levels, but I cant seem to find them...

The best way for you to get help is to post a save. That way we can see exactly what you're doing. Play a game and give us saves at various points, like 1000BC, 1AD and 500AD. Then we can give you more constuctive feedback on what you should be doing.

Welcome to CFC :)
It seems to take me ages to get samurai

So is keeping up in tech one of your main problems? Did you build enough huts huts to keep your economy going?

I agree with Orion, post a save or some screenshots

Top Bottom