Warlords 2.08 anonymity = a big joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

corazone

Chieftain
I don't get it
I don't get it at all!

It says clearly on the patch that they have fixed anonymity in 2.08 patch.

Here's anonymity.
1: host a game
2: switch on anonimity
3: change my name to Alexander the great
4: friend joins in, he switches name to Julius Caesar
5: I can see it on my screen that his name is Julius Caesar = knowing that he is absolutely not anonymous and he will play the romans which means I know that he has the legionnaire special unit
6: I type in chat: "hello"
7: chat show" alexander the great says: hello" meaning my super secret identity is blown
8: we restart and decide to just have our names, Jake and Elroy so we don't know which races we have
9: we start game
10: game starts, at the bottom right of the screen you see "13: Hatshepsut, 13: Julius Caesar" = since I know that I am Hatshepsut of the egyptians, then I know that he is the Romans = not anonymous. Also that the colors shows which race he is playing.

Firaxis!!! What the h-ll are you doing? Thats so total incompetent! I am so glad that I am a pirate and never bought your buggy crap game since it dissapoints me all the time, why can't you get the most important thing going?

If the caesar player knows that his enemy are the egypts , he will never build axemen and only build spearmen since the egypts usually tend to build their special unit... great work firaxis, you really have made a playable game... NOT

The day firaxis fix this anonymity I will go and buy your game, until then I am a happy pirate knowing i didnt spend my money on buggy unfunctional crap

I think the idea of the anonymity mode is that if you play in a multiplayer game with lots of players, you will not know which player is playing which civilization, but you will know which civilization is run by humans (you will eventually anyway, since the AI doesn't chat, and the diplomacy screen is somewhat different for human players). I agree that in a two-player game the effect is somewhat lame (at least when you know who you are ;) )

thats why i think that firaxis should take their responsibility and fix this, this is the only way the game would get more interesting

If they start listening to people who pirate their games, I don't think they'll get very far...

Firaxis should take this seriously. Why does it matter that it's coming from a pirate? This is a legitimate issue. I wouldn't know, but it would be nice if it was fixed.

Firstly, I VERY VERY VERY much hope the original poster doesn't speak english as a first language. Following that, I wouldn't toss around "I'm a pirate" on the forums, what with that being looked down upon and being against forum policies. With regards to the actual issue, any player is going to tweak his strategies for the civilizations around him, so it doens't much matter if you know your buddy is the romans and he's on the other side of the world. It may be an issue, but its pretty moot IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom