1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[WARLORDS 2.08] Ranged Bombardment

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Mod Components' started by Dale, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Bigben34

Bigben34 Warlord

Great Mod Dale, but I want your whole combat mod!!! I discovered it out of time, and now can't use it with my warlords 2.08!! :-(

2. Bigben34

Bigben34 Warlord

Dale, I've noticed that the AI artillery seems to only bombard my units in the open field if I have a large stack of units. If i spread my units out into small piles, it won't even bombard me, but will just sit there. It seems the Ai will use bombard against cities only, improved tiles, or in situations where it normally might consider a suicide worthwhile.

Is there any way to adjust this, so that the AI will by default allways use it's bombard at least once per turn, against something? Would make AI much more effective with the weapon.

Bigben34

PS, if someone has a combination of Better AI and Ranged Bombardment, could they post it?

3. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

Bigben34 ,
    hi check out visa mod we have better ai with dake ranged bombarded - wrking like charms

4. MatzeHH

MatzeHH Warlord

Hi!

I tried to set DCMFieldBombard to false for testing reasons but my units aren't able to do the normal bombardment at all. Any suggestions?

Matze

5. MatzeHH

MatzeHH Warlord

*bump*

Matze

6. ripple01

ripple01 Emperor

Check out post 9 of this thread...

Cheers,
    ripple01

7. MatzeHH

MatzeHH Warlord

I read the thread but setting iDCMBombRange to 0 is not the same as setting DCMFieldBombard to false. So I thought there may be another solution.

Matze

8. Dale

Dale Deity

Normal bombardment won't work unless you reset the bombard missions in Civ4MissionInfos.xml

9. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

thank you Dale... I just included this, and a couple other mod components into this American Civil War mod I'm experimenting with. :) Works great.

10. Portus

Portus Warlord

Hi
    I want give that funtion to archers and longbowman, is that possible, how can i do that, add the iDCMbomberdement line dont appear the bombard button
    thanks

I got it(bombard rate):)

11. Portus

Portus Warlord

humm that gave me not the result i was expecting(direct ranged combat only), it works fine out of cities but reduce city defences and its not what i want.

12. Jeckel

Jeckel Great Reverend

Hey Dale, any kind of eta on a BtS version? With the stuff the expansion added, this is now one of the only two SDK mods that I have to have in all my games. :)

13. Dale

Dale Deity

"Coming soon".

I want to get the Road to War add-on out first, then I'll convert my mods (including this one) to BtS. :)

14. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

Any chances of adding the ability for artillery to destroy a random building in a city? :mischief:

15. doronron

doronron King

I'd like to see bombers do that, actually.

16. Dale

Dale Deity

Played Road to War? Bombers can do that now. You can target defense (normal bombing), factories or civil buildings. :)

17. doronron

doronron King

Haven't had the opportunity to do more than make sure the game isn't super slow on my laptop, yet. I'll give Road to War a shot over the weekend, but I must admit my preference in Civ leans towards the core random map games and not the scenarios -- kinda wished the code for ranged bombardment and bombers targeting buildings had made it into the core game, though. Greatly missed opportunities on the part of Firaxis.

18. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

Neat! I'll have to take a look at that. I'm guessing that's done in Python?

Can that be used in the epic game, or is it Scenario specific only?

19. Jeckel

Jeckel Great Reverend

Thanx Dale, can't wait. :)

And correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the Starbases in the Final Frontier BtS senario has ranged bombardment.

20. Dale

Dale Deity

Haven't played FF yet, so can't confirm yeah or nay. :)