[WARLORDS] Amra's Modpack v2

Mithris said:
Also, I've found that with the overabundance of resources they are not very cruicial outside of the ones for units. Happiness is always very high too, due to the amount of resources. I find this to be unbalancing.

I am also able to reach the endgame techs by the latest 1500, which seems wrong to me as well. I am not sure why I am teching so fast with this mod, but I don't really like it.

Are you playing on Marathon? And what Map are you using? (Just curious) Ill try the Chinook in this game I am playing and see if I can verify this for you.

Yes, I play marathon when I play on large+ maps.

I am on a large map currently. I can upload it if you'd like. Though it will be a bit delayed research wise due to many many wars. The chinook bug is visible in this game as well.

I use a map script to generate maps so I can't really say I'm on one of them. Though this one seems to be 75% land or so, which would contribute to higher research. There were also 16 civs in this game, but many are dead.

Btw, How do I attach a save game?

Great mod, thanks for the work!
The attached save game blows up upon hitting next turn,
I'm at 60AD. I already built the Mausoleum, and although the movie
failed to run (directory is empty as noted above) clicking OK got me
through that. I've made some changes, most notably setting the
chance of combatant changing sides to zero (which does NOT seem
to work), trying to avoid bugs where I capture tigers and such.
Shouldn't be anything that kills it though.

(Interesting side note, the tigers will not go on squares with bonus
resources even if you don't know they are there - tiger refused to
enter desert square which I later discovered had copper in it...)

Hopefully this will help those who know how to decipher this stuff....

Hello everyone. Contrary to popular belief, I am alive and kicking. I apologize about my absence this week but I was busy with Football all Labor day weekend and then I had numerous family items to tend to this week which precluded my from even firing up the computer until last nite.

Hopefully, everyone will be happy to know that I have posted a patch on page 1 (post#1) that fixes the CTD problem as reported a week ago by saint1979. I tested it with the 2 savegames he uploaded and I was able to continue each game. Therefore, I am hoping it is safe to say that the patch is compatible with savegames.

In case anyone is interested, the problem was with the Mongol Keshik unit. Apparently when changing the xml for that unit from a Horse Archer to a Knight, I neglected to change the upgrade path. It was still listed as a Knight. So for anyone out there thinking of doing their own mod, be sure not to have a unit's upgrade class the same as it is. That will cause a CTD error without any clue in the logs as to what it was. Without the two savegames from saint1979, I may not have been able to track it down. Thanks saint1979, ket & everyone else for their help.

I have not had a chance to read all the posts from this week yet but will have some time much later tonight. I will do my best to respond to as many as possible then, as well as any PM's that were sent.

Talk to everyone later.

Civmatrix said:
Are you playing on Marathon? And what Map are you using? (Just curious) Ill try the Chinook in this game I am playing and see if I can verify this for you.

I was playing a Marathon game on a large map and found the chinook was a very good unit. The movement was a little high, and it started with a bit more experience then it should have, but I think we could work on it. As it is it's a key component to any victory esp. on the larger maps.

Just what ever you do don't hit auto explore.

BTW I was able to get this on all chinooks I built. The stats were all the same.

Amra, did you see my post at the top of page 5?

Okay, here goes. I will try to answer as many posts here as possible

Drtad said:
Amra, did you see my post at the top of page 5?
Yes if you are referring to the Armenia files you uploaded. I just downloaded them and will take a look at them as soon as I can. Thanks.

Mithris said:
Am I the only one experiencing the problems with the Chinook? It's rather annoying because it would otherwise be a great unit. :(...

Also, I've found that with the overabundance of resources they are not very cruicial outside of the ones for units. Happiness is always very high too, due to the amount of resources. I find this to be unbalancing.

I am also able to reach the endgame techs by the latest 1500, which seems wrong to me as well. I am not sure why I am teching so fast with this mod, but I don't really like it.
I will take a look at the Chinook unit to see what's up with it, I thought it was working okay in v1.80 but, as evidenced with the Keshik error :rolleyes:, I may have screwed something up.

Regarding the extra resources, it is very possible that they are not play balanced. That, hopefully, is something that can be worked on for a future patch. Maybe even eliminate or change 2 or 3 of them that give happiness.

Regarding the techs, the only thing I can think of there is that the extra resources may also be affecting that due to extra commerce generated by them which in turn would, probably, generate more money for research. Again, another play balancing issue that could be addressed.

Amazing Game said:
I discovered that the path for the MAUSOLEUM WONDER is missing ??? the button path is not missing but the building appears to be. A glance at the art folder reveals an apparent absence of the "Halicarnassus" folder.
I did not include the actual artwork for the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus as well as a few other new buildings (Magyar Jurta & Trojan Agora for example) in my modpack since the artwork was included with the Warlords Expansion. It appeared to me to be unnecessary as long as the xml pointed to the appropriate locations. I haven't experienced any crashes yet that I can tie to that.

Please see my explanation of the CTD problem in the post a little above this. From my testing when trying to track down the error, I found that in games which did not include the Mongols, I did not have any problems. However, in all test games which crashed, the Mongols were involved. That led me to deduce that the problem was with one of their units.

Mont said:
The 3D eyes are missing for the Scythian and Cherokee leaders, Atheas and Ostenaco, in my game. Instead, their eyes are painted onto their sockets, with their eyelids blinking in front of them. Anybody know what's up? Can this be fixed easily?
This may be a problem with the "non-shader" version of the new leaderheads not having been reskinned. Initially, I didn't think that this affected too many people but as my modpack has grown in popularity I am finding that more & more people are affected by this time-saving oversight on my part. I plan, time permitting, to reskin the non-shader version of the affected LH's and include them in a patch as soon as I can.

Enkidu_Warrior said:
Amra - I've run into a problem when trying to use your mod with SmartMap in multiplayer. I suspect it's a SmartMap problem, so this is just an FYI, and a heads up to other people who use the mod.
Thanks for the heads up. I will note this in my post#1 "Recommended Downloads" section.

carnivore said:
i have a big problem with something here
is it possible that there will be bazooka before the first tank ???????
same as anti aricraft missles
i fought bazzoka trops with my cavalry or musketman m antiaricraft units againt double winged airplanes ??

it should be fix , thanx
More play balancing issues to be addressed. I'm trying my best but unfortunately am not perfect. :rolleyes:

mare_infestus said:
1. I don't like the idea of werewolves and griffons?? in civ and It was strange to see a 'Chinese Polar Bear' at my border which helped me to make an open border treaty with Mao!!! I have seen lots of other animals which belong to other civs???? (solution= no barbarians)

2. The health bar for the battleship, destroyer etc.. is extremely big (solution= turn off the health bar option)

3. Few imbalances in the unit powers..For example Tiger Panzer has 28 combat power and % 50 bonus if the opponent is an armoured unit. King Tiger has 30 combat power(i think). If they meet the odds are 42 to 30 in favor of Tiger Panzer??? (solution= change the XML file)

4. Maceman can be built by copper?????

5. Sometimes 2 different civ might have the same color. They look like a single empire on the map. I had to check the tiles one by one with my mouse pointer to understand which civ owns it..
1. I know that some people like & some don't like various animals, units or civs. All I can do is say I'm sorry but I happen to like the Werewolves & Griffons. I realized going in that they are not historically accurate but I am trying to just have fun with this modpack.

2. I also have noticed the health bar problem ever since version 1.0 of my modpack but don't know how to fix it other than your suggestion.

3. More play balancing issues. I am making a list (and checking it twice :xmascheers:) of the issues to see what can be done in a future patch.

4. AFAIK, that is part of the original Firaxis xml and has always been that way since vanilla Civ4. I didn't change anything with the Maceman.

5. Yeah, finding distinctly different colors for so many civs is difficult. Believe it or not, I did go thru the colors and tried to change as many of the new civs as possible.

Well, that's it for now. I'm sorry if I missed anybody's post. Good night, All.:sleep:

Thanks for the update Amra. Hope you enjoy Sunday & Monday! Go Chargers! (adopted home town) & Seahawks (real home town) :)

ERLoft said:
Thanks for the update Amra. Hope you enjoy Sunday & Monday! Go Chargers! (adopted home town) & Seahawks (real home town) :)
Thanks. I'm a Vikings (grew up watching Fran Tarkenton, Chuck Foreman & the Purple People Eaters - yes, I'm that old) and Dolphins (lived in Florida for 15 years) fan myself.

PS: I've got Shaun Alexander & Antonio Gates on my Fantasy team this year so I will be rooting for both teams also. As long as they aren't playing the Vikings or Dolphins, that is. :D

Ummm....Giants fan.....although I'm no longer there, I lived half my life in Fairfield County...lol, having a great time with the Warlords conversion, and for me personally, no problems so far.

First time playing with the Austrians in my game, really like the song choice...lol, I've always liked that one

Fixed 2 interface button errors (found while trying to locate CTD source)

Does this include the pipelinebutton?

My pipeline buttons is pink.....

The Swede said:
Fixed 2 interface button errors (found while trying to locate CTD source)

Does this include the pipelinebutton?

My pipeline buttons is pink.....
Whoops, I left that text in there by accident. I've removed it from post#1.

I tried to fix that briefly before posting the patch yesterday but ran out of time. The game logs point to that icon "not being loaded" and I tried playing with it in PSP thinking that the dds file wasn't saved right. After testing it again, I still got the error message so the new icon was deleted from the patch. I wanted to post the patch to fix the CTD error and not spend more time looking for the source of the icon error at that time.

I'll play with the icon's xml entries next and do some testing to see what's up. The other icon that was giving an error log message was the "Scotland.dds" icon for that civ.

got a game going, everything seems to be working fine, no crashes. i noticed one thing that i think is specific to warlords. it seems to me that the great general is underpowered. i had 3 great generals leading the troops, all 3 went down to inferior units. it almost seems that they have to be protected. just my 2 cents worth, thanks

Top Bottom