- Feb 22, 2020
This is a bit of an experiment: a play-by-forum game with a few major changes.
- Anyone may participate. That includes you! Even if all 8 factions have been played by someone, play anyway, with or without previous players' permission.
- You may play as any faction*, even if you've already played a different one.
- You may play for up to 10 turns before abdicating. You can do less, but you can't do another session until at least 7 turns have passed.
Spoiler *War spoilers :
Spoiler Some rules :
The scenario: Warlords and Autocrats! This scenario requires no custom files to run, although they're highly recommended. It's designed for long games, and even for continuity to future games.
The files are linked in the first two posts, under Warlords and Autocrats.zip
Why use a custom scenario? Because
Spoiler Scenario rules :
Spoiler Scenario Technology :
Spoiler Major Civilopedia Entries :
How do I play?
- Download the most recent save and move it to your civ3conquests folder
- Load up multiplayer and search for LAN games
- Host a new game
- Select "load save" for the gamemode, and load the one you just downloaded
- Add a "computer" in every slot marked Open
- Click the "1" by your name until you've got the faction you want to play as, and then make the remaining faction player 1.
- (Recommended) select "None" for the turn timer
- Select ready, hit launch, and wait.
- Do all of the above steps.
- Save and exit.
- Load the save in singleplayer. You should be the faction you just selected.
- Save before hitting "next turn."
- Continue from that save file.
If issues arise, I'll modify the rules to better accommodate them.