Warlords Mod: Rise of Persia

I've made some changes, for example,Kalinga and dravida have been removed and the Etruscans and the carthaginians have been added, basically because I thought it might be more fun to have those guys in. I did not add rome because 1. they were very insignificant/small and backwards at this time 2. they were controlled by etruscan kings 3. because I can only add 2 civs tand those are it. To replace the indians in southern india, I'll have some barbarian cities and a lot of jungle. Because of the civ changes I will be contemplating on adding Phoenician polythesim, maybe Arabian polythesim, and Etruscan polytheism(unlikely). This is my final decision on civ/map changes.

On another note I am in need of buttonmakers, a python editor, and somegraphic modelers/texturers.

Thirdly I'm interested in what you all want/suggestions for civics mostly, units, buildings, techs, etc.

Just out of interest... you say the scenario starts in 618BC? When do you envisage it running until - do you have an end date?

neferator said:
Just out of interest... you say the scenario starts in 618BC? When do you envisage it running until - do you have an end date?
I don't remember saying 618 bc as the start date, but if I did, I apologize because it actually starts at 560 bc about the time at the rebellino of cyrus against the medes, I haven't actually thought of the end date yet:blush: but I would guess maybe between 330 and 300 bc. On the turn length problem I would like to make a 6 month turn length, but now its seasonal I believe. If you have any better ideas please tell me.:)

Marmoteo said:
I can see a great mod comming out from here.

Keep up the good work. Cheers.

Thank you very much for the enthusiasm:) . I am trying to come with things that will make this fun and replayable and that's why I am open to any suggesttions from anyone.:D

ANOTHER PROGRESS UPDATE:
I have successfully added Arabian and phoenician religions with their buttons. I will also be adding a celtic religion. The map has been extended as far west as gades in spain. That and some other minor work have been done.

I need some maps or city names and locations for illyrian cities, cities in germania, and iberian cities in spain. I also need a good name for a celtic religion that would fit this time period. I would like to use this as a substitute for religion in dacia, illyria, gaul, and germania cities. Also building ideas to fit these new religions and any other suggestions.

Edit: Etruscan polytheism has been added

manuchan said:
my suggestion for a celtic religion name would be DRUIDISM

Thanks.:) The only problem with that is that I need a religion that will encompass all of european barbarians including the iberians, celts, illyrians, germanians, and dacians, etc. I think that only the celts had druids not dacia or illyria. I think that the name that best fits this wide range would be animism.

You could ask the guys of TAM to lend you some of their stuff or to give you some ideas. Or you could use the scenario for TAM and join their team, haha.

Either way. I love the persian civilization and that's why i'm so excited to see a mod in which you can develope their culture in the historically correct timelines.

I put up 7 new pics of the progress so far. I also would like to ask what civs you want to play as therefore I'll prioritize them since I'm behind schedule. One thing I need is civic suggestions.

Prioritize Armenia (how unexpected was that?):lol: . Okay, for some civics suggestions, how about Monarchy default government civic, with Empire, which reduces the maintenance penalties of having vassals, Democracy (Athens) effect unknown, Republic effect unknown, Philosopher king reduced maintenance military gets free experience.

Thanks. I think I'll just use Rapidshare since its faster because 3ddownloads has horrendous download times.:goodjob:

Drtad said:
Prioritize Armenia (how unexpected was that?):lol: . Okay, for some civics suggestions, how about Monarchy default government civic, with Empire, which reduces the maintenance penalties of having vassals, Democracy (Athens) effect unknown, Republic effect unknown, Philosopher king reduced maintenance military gets free experience.

Thats a great idea for the default civic to be monarchy, I was going to have it be despotism or something but I like that idea.:)
Since you're pretty knowledgeable about armenia, do you have an idea about the UB?;)

Looks great i'd love to try it. I also might be able to offer some help. I can translate the mod to Dutch and I got a good friend who might be willing to do a translation into German. But I can only do the translating part of the job, how to make the translations work is a whole other story, which someone else will have to do for me.

Contact me if your intressed in this help. But please note that I'll not have computer access from 23-10 until 27-10, so can't respond straight away.

Well, in my first peoples mod, Armenia's UB is the Tarpnots. Tarpnots is the Armenian word for forge. Since Armenia was constantly under threat from barbarians, Armenian forges had to make weapons constantly and with good quality so that the army was adequately supplied. However, in my Armenia mod, the UB is the Shoogah, the Armenian word for market. If you have ever had Armenian food before, you would understand why it gives +1 happiness and +1health.;)

I think I'll go with Tarpnots to replace the forge and probably have a small extra bonus production on top of the forge as well as 1 or 2 experience bonus points for units. I think thats pretty decent seeing as how if you play as armenia you'll be needing to conquer the nearby barbarians to shake off the vassal status to medes.:)

When do you think you'll release a playable alpha? (or beta)

I've never really known what alpha and beta mean in terms of versions.:blush: :sad: Anyways Once I finish the map and plish a few things I'll put up a "alpha" version. I am planning a tech tree and civics, but whether that will show up in the alpha version is beyond me. I sincerely hope to finish up the map and a few other things and get the new version up in early november. Since I can only work on this on the weekends and lacking in help and time things are a bit slow.:sad:

Top Bottom