Warlords Mod: Rise of Persia

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by ohcrapitsnico, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Stellan_87

Stellan_87 Chieftain

Thx for the answer :) then its no mystery why i couldn't play it. Good to know there is some solid research behind it, it makes the scenario feel more authentic :)

2. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

@Drtad
    I've only been working on units lately and plan to finish the map(units, resources, buildings, some cities), more work on civics, buildings, and work out a few kinks and I'll come out with an "alpha" file;) ;) , mainly to see what you guys think and find errors, etc etc than I'll start working on a more fuller version with a decent tech tree and other stuff.
    It's really hard to say what percentage I'm done with I guess maybe 70% of the work is done to get an alpha or 1.0 up. I do need help mainly with making the mod compatible to the new patch.

@Antilogic
    I'll take a look at his mod, I could really use this since there are some civics that I just can't find effects for with the ones given. The thing though thats would hold me back is like what I said with Drtad is making this stuff patch compatibility.

@Stellan87
    Thats the reason I spent so much time researching is that I want this to be the most authentic and complete as possible.:) Hopefully it paid off.:)

3. Antilogic

Antilogic --

His Civics Expander isn't finished yet, from what I understand (and thus, when it is finished, it will likely be v2.08 compatible). However, it's a C++ SDK mod, so so long as you don't change anything else related to the source code. Most of the stuff you are looking at can be changed in the XML easily, so you would be able to implement this without much problem.

I'm also keeping an eye on this, simply because I love historically accurate scenarios. Best of luck to you.

4. Drogear

Drogear Prince

Any ETA on when we´ll get a playable version for 2.08 warlords?

5. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

I believe all I need to do to make it patch compatible is to update the cvgamecoredll, if that's all that I need to do then I should come out with a decent alpha version a couple days after thanksgiving.:) Then I'll let you guys give me some feedback and get back to work to get a 1.0 out.

6. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

Good news, I have successfully made the mod patch compatible, so the beta should come out on time.

If anyone has ideas for ubs, wonders, or anything that could make this mod more interesting please tell me.

7. Antilogic

Antilogic --

Is it posted for download? I'd love to give it a try.

If I come up with anything else, I'll post it here...I'm kind of burned out right now, though. :)

8. Drogear

Drogear Prince

When will "out on time" accure?

9. Minoan

Minoan Shah of Somewhere

Hey. I really think this Mod looks cool. Can't wait till I can play it. Do you think you might post the map by itself, without the civs or cities sometime after you finish with the mod? It should lead to some interesting games itself.

Forgive me if you already said this, but do you plan on moving the vassal state prerequisite down to one of the Mod tech's so its avaliable right of the bat, or eventually availiable. I know a good deal about Persian history, so let me know if I could be of any help! :)

EDIT:

Wonders...

Have you considered adding some of the 7 Wonders that were left out, like The Statue of Zeus and the Mausoleum?

The Statue of Zeus could function like the Spiral Minerat, and the Mausoleum could add extra happiness for every excess luxary resource?

Another one could be Cyrus Cylinder.

It might be hard to make a graphic of, but maybe having a shrine where it'd be housed?

Effect, possibly allows all Labor and Religion civics? Or maybe it could reduce the amount of turns cities spend in revolt when captured, and how quickly they produce culture.

Hope that was helpful!

10. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

Alright, with the map, I can do that, just don't expect that any time this year.;)

With the vassals thing, I'm not entirely sure whether or not to include the vassal system simply because it would seriously alter the game is played especially at the beginning, where Babylon and greece are monsters and by the second turn, everybody would be clamoring to get a spot as their vassal. Recently I have decided that I would implement it later in the game maybe with imperialism? because of the changes of vassals with the patch, the fact that the Persians had vassals, like cilicia, the saka tigrakhauda or dahae, and because late in the game many civs would be destroyed and power would be more evenly distributed(amongst ai civs at least;) )

All the 7 wonders have been added already, there is a wonder list in my first post. The Cyrus cylinder is an interesting idea, in fact very interesting, I'll think about it. I was also interested in "futuristic"(as the great lighthouse was to the persians) monumental wonders.

11. Drogear

Drogear Prince

is this scen on hold or are there any progress to report? I have/had great hopes for this one! :)

12. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

Soory about the delay, I was held back over thanksgiving, no question though that whatever I have done I will release a beta this weekend. Just a beta though not a nice clean one.

13. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

I'll be releasing it later on today. I'm just adding in units and fixing bugs and errors.

14. Drogear

Drogear Prince

good news. Hoping to be able to testplay a game as sune as it arrives.

15. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

Update
    The Beta file is up. Its a 7z file on rapidshare. I'll get one up on 3ddownloads as well soon.

You guys need to give me errors and bugs you find, suggestions, etc etc. Again if anybody has specific they have to offer me I appreciate it. The beta is just a progress report not a good 1.0 version.

16. Drogear

Drogear Prince

Initial feedback.

All but one tech got .txt thus maing it hard to know what to research for.

No starting units. Would be nice to get a warrior in the cities atleast

The 2 persian cities are so close to each other, this is for hist accuracy right? but it just look wierd.

17. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

Alright! I'm DLing and testing now, feedback later.:goodjob:

18. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

Maybe I should have mentioned that, the current tech system I'm getting rid of and I'm in the process of coming up with a more detailed one so that is why the techs have txt key errors. With the persian cities I did want both pasargadae and persepolis as they are both extremely important in persian history and geographically they are very close together so I put them 2 squares apart. I'll take a look at it to see if I can't move it a little. I do believe that all the other cities in the game have at least 2 squares between except maybe tight areas in Greece or somewhere. I will also take another look at city placement and might remove some, move, or change.

I'll be coming out with another beta soon hopefully with a more complete units system and a tech tree.

19. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

Started playing as Armenia (of course). I love the custom soundtrack. However, I was finished building Armenian Archers to defend my cities, when the game froze. It was a bad freeze I couldn't get out of, and I had to restart my computer. I checked unit infos, everything seemed in order for the Armenian Archer, so maybe the AI built something you defined wrong maybe?

20. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

Froze again, not the Armenian archer's problem, might be a civic problem.