Warlords Patch?

wurm657

Chieftain
As we can all see, there are several common problems a lot of people are having with Warlords. (not totally unexpected)
I was going to purchase my copy this weekend, but if this is going to go down like the Vanilla roll-out did, I might as well wait.
So...
Is there any OFFICIAL word on a patch or acknowledgement of the problems from on high?
I really would rather not play "Civ IV: Quest for the Patch". Spent enough time playing that already...I'd much prefer to play Warlords. :rolleyes:

wurm657 said:
As we can all see, there are several common problems a lot of people are having with Warlords. (not totally unexpected)
I was going to purchase my copy this weekend, but if this is going to go down like the Vanilla roll-out did, I might as well wait.
So...
Is there any OFFICIAL word on a patch or acknowledgement of the problems from on high?
I really would rather not play "Civ IV: Quest for the Patch". Spent enough time playing that already...I'd much prefer to play Warlords. :rolleyes:
AFAIK, no patch for Warlords already. Not yet. But I feel about 1 or 2 patchs before another expansion pack (remember Civ3 :rolleyes: ).

Regards,
Arto.

I hope they come out with a patch soon because I haven't been able to enjoy Warlords at all.. Well, for ten minutes at a time usually before my computer would suddenly restart..

I've never had any real problems with Firaxis games, but if the next patch doesn't fix the problem, I might seriously reconsider buying the next expansion pack..

So...
Still wondering if anyone has heard anything on a possible "Warlords" patch?

Still no word about a patch? :confused:
Again, it is obvious that Warlords has problems...
I'd really like to buy it, but I have no intention of doing so until some sort of official word comes down from on high about fixing the defective product that's been shipped.
To be frank, based on the luke-warm reviews I may skip Warlords completely and spend my money with a company that doesn't ship products with known issues.

I'm not sure what you are basing your opinions on, but I think for the vast majority of people there really aren't any deal-breaking problems in Warlords. In other words, this is totally unlike the original game release. I've been playing it & only it since it came out, and I can't imagine going back to Civ4 vanilla unless I needed to for multiplayer. Civ4 vanilla is awesome, but the conceptual and AI adjustemetns in Warlords makes it even better. I don't want to minimize the frustration of the small but vocal minority that have had serious issues (apparently due to hardware incompatibilities, since it they most seem to be graphics, or restarts like lionheart's). I did have the same sound issue that everyone else has, but that is really minor IMO, and can be fixed by the player on his own, without an official patch.

Indeed if you look at the core executable of Warlords itself as a patch of civ (addressing small game imbablance issues & greatly improving computer AI) -- ignoring the new scenarios & leaders &etc for the moment -- and reflect that what is "fixed" in Civ4 is a lot more than what is "newly broken," then I think you are actually IGNORING the latest Civ4 patch (Warlords), not being insistent on having it. My two cents.

lionheart said:
I hope they come out with a patch soon because I haven't been able to enjoy Warlords at all.. Well, for ten minutes at a time usually before my computer would suddenly restart..

I've never had any real problems with Firaxis games, but if the next patch doesn't fix the problem, I might seriously reconsider buying the next expansion pack..

Describes my experiences exactly. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea for them to move to 3d because obviously they don't know how to do it right.

p dandy said:
Describes my experiences exactly. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea for them to move to 3d because obviously they don't know how to do it right.

My sentiments exactly. I've been playing games for like 20 years now. I've never seen a game using up this much hardware and still running so slow and unstable.

I have a 3Ghz PC, GeForce 7800 and 2 GB RAM, 560Watt PSU. Yet this game keeps getting slower and slower and slower the further I progress in a game and in the industrial era at the latest I can kiss any game goodbye since it's bound to crash the entire PC even after a reload when the PC is still cold.
First crash after a few hours, reboot reload, next crash one hour, reload crash after few seconds.
After testing our test-copy of Warloads for our online-mag, I put Civ 4 back on the shelf again because I can again not finish even one game without hopelessly crashing my PC countless times.

wurm657 said:
So...
Still wondering if anyone has heard anything on a possible "Warlords" patch?

In this thread on Apolyton (post #43), Firaxis employee alexman specifically states that the problem being discussed "will be fixed for the patch". Not sure whether this is official or not, but it seems to be strong evidence in favor of a patch.

Thanks Petek.
That is the first sign of any word from "on high" that I've seen.

I just hope they fix the black screen civ warlord encounterd a problem crash works fine for the first 2000 or so years then crashes i reload the saved game then it crashes at the same place

Top Bottom