Warlords patch

Powerslave said:
This is why I often advise against wasting money on AV software, firewalls, etc. It keeps you on your toes, not having any protection whatsoever. You also have no false sense of security. Obviously, this sort of minimalist approach doesn't work for everyone; it's only of use to those who have the knowledge to manufacture of virus themselves. A cat burglar wouldn't trust alarms to protect his house, nor would a safe cracker trust a safe to protect his valuables. Programmers, while not thieves, might have a dim view of software that guarantees the safety of his computer, when he knows that his own company releases buggy pieces of crap and makes similar claims.

I agree on not installing unofficial patches, but the other stuff you mentioned really made me LMAO. I am sure a NASCAR driver doesn't wear a seat belt when he drives, and the fire chief doesn't have a fire alarm in his house. Why, it's good to have no protection and to keep you on your toes! There no need for seat belts if you drive carefully, and why have a fire alarm if you don't start any fire?

I am sorry, but safe crackers do trust safes, becuase safes are not designed to ward off his fellow safe crackers, safes are designed to protect your valuables from the average joes of theives and fire.

I think your logic is fundamentally flawed, but you are your own person and are free to practice your minimalist approach. Just don't have sex or at least remember to pull out in time if you are not going to use a condom, which I am sure are the approaches taken by all those working in the condom industry.

alexman said:
As for barbarian spearmen and galleys, it's true that it didn't make it into the patch. Sorry.

Any chance we can get an updated README file for the patch? It says that there are barbarian spearmen. Are there other things that didn't make it (or were changed) too?

alexman said:
As with previous Civ4 patches, you can load pre-patch saves unless you have either clicked the "Lock modified assets" option, or you have an admin password.

If you have an admin password, you are prevented from loading save files with a different checksum than the python and XML files on your computer. This is by design (to prevent cheating). In this case you just need to clear that password before upgrading, and you will be able to load the save. You can then re-enter the admin password.

I'm having trouble finding how to change/clear admin passwords, and flip the lock modified assets flag. Is there a procedure to change these settings?

jray said:
Any chance we can get an updated README file for the patch? It says that there are barbarian spearmen. Are there other things that didn't make it (or were changed) too?

I am curious about this too....the XML has Spearman enabled for Barbarians and I manually did the Barb Navy so wondering why it won't work....

hehe, oh wouldn't it be fun to watch the Barbs building Trebuchet stacks and going out and doing their thing, minding their own business without a care in the world, crippling everything in sight! :lol:

Has anyone running Warlords with the 2.08 patch noticed strange things with the crop yield graph on the F9 screen?

Vague I know, I'll add a screen shot later.

Edit: on further investigation it appears the crop yield is reset upon reloading. The screen shot is ~6 turns post load game.

Is anyone else seeing this (ie did the patch break it), or did I break it modding?

cf_nz said:
Has anyone running Warlords with the 2.08 patch noticed strange things with the crop yield graph on the F9 screen?

Vague I know, I'll add a screen shot later.

Edit: on further investigation it appears the crop yield is reset upon reloading. The screen shot is ~6 turns post load game.

Is anyone else seeing this (ie did the patch break it), or did I break it modding?

Yes, I noticed it as well. Seems that if you reload from an auto save it reset the food yield graph. Funky.

And did you noticed when you mouse over something that have explanation on left bottom of the screen, it will stay there unless you mouse over to other thing that have explanation? Is it a new feature or a bug?

Regards,
Arto.

drkodos said:
Yes, I noticed it as well. Seems that if you reload from an auto save it reset the food yield graph. Funky.

Thanks, nice to know I haven't broken it. Posted in bugs forum.

Artosoft said:
And did you noticed when you mouse over something that have explanation on left bottom of the screen, it will stay there unless you mouse over to other thing that have explanation? Is it a new feature or a bug?

Regards,
Arto.

I had "feature" on my computer prior to the patch, so it's nothing new.... annoying thing as well!

Artosoft said:

Regards,
Arto.

It is definitely a pre-patch issue....as the previous poster said too :)

I am sorry if this has already been brought up, but after i installed the patch my workers now will not build road when they are automated, they will only build it when manually told to do so, is anyone else having this problem

after i installed the patch my workers now will not build road when they are automated, they will only build it when manually told to do so, is anyone else having this problem

my auto-workers were building many a road last night...

bite said:
I am sorry if this has already been brought up, but after i installed the patch my workers now will not build road when they are automated, they will only build it when manually told to do so, is anyone else having this problem

I have noticed some problems with workers too. I often (playing huge maps) give workers with no movement pts left several consequetive orders at the end of a turn. This is in case I forget next turn what I needed them to prioritise , which is possible with a huge amount going on, and many city , wars etc. Before 2.08 they would take these orders and exceute them fine. Now I have to reissue all the work orders at the beginning of the next turn.

This is becoming a large pain in the butt. Something similar happens when I try to group a "new" worker with one that already has orders. Before 2.08, the new guy would just follow the orders of the first worker. Now I have to reissue the whole order, and believe me I often give large lists to a couple of workers. Since workers on marathon work far more efficiently in pairs than on their own, this again is very annoying.

I suppose I'll have to get used to it, but the old way was far simpler.

Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
...give workers with no movement pts left several consequetive orders at the end of a turn..... Before 2.08 they would take these orders and exceute them fine. Now I have to reissue all the work orders at the beginning of the next turn....
I've found the same thing, it is a pain. I've also noticed that if at the end of a workers turn you issue an order twice the worker will perform it next turn. Seems the ifrst order acts like foritifying the worker, the second wake him and issue the order. Or at least something like that. Doen't stop you having to issue the order twice but means you don't have to wait until next turn to do it.

The same seems to go for other units as well. If I tell a warrior with no movement point left to sentry it has no effect, I have to reorder next turn.

Maybe there's a reason for it.

alexman said:
As for barbarian spearmen and galleys, it's true that it didn't make it into the patch. Sorry.

Hate to break the news to you alexman....a Barb city just made Spearman in my patched game. Now I didn't see any Spearman from the Fog of War but there weren't many Barbs on my small continent anyways.

I can confirm that no Barb Navy was included in the patch....but thankfully that is easy enough to mod :p

Hmmm, interesting comment about the workers... Last night in my first post patch game I noticed I had an automated worker stand on the ruins of a destroyed city apparently not doing anything. I watched him over the next three or four turns and he didnt move. I selected him and told him to build a mine, and he worked fine thereafter. Not a big problem, but a bit odd :crazyeye:

JimMac99 said:
Hmmm, interesting comment about the workers... Last night in my first post patch game I noticed I had an automated worker stand on the ruins of a destroyed city apparently not doing anything.

Wasn't set to 'Improve Nearest City' automation was he? Maybe he didn't realise the city was a ghost town :(

I've noticed automated workers of this flavour will park their butts in the city square if no valid improvement options exist in the fat cross.

Top Bottom