Warlords: Total Realism 2.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Realism Invictus' started by Houman, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

hehe No, Mexico isn't Mexican. ;) I was just teasing you. He is like me from the old world.

Yes Merc cloning is addressed, dont worry guys. And Rule nr one be patient. We might offer a Beta II for this weekend. Depends if Mexico is back and can give me a hand. As you might already now from the credits in Beta I, most of the team members are at this time inactive. So if someone with programming skills is interested helping us, you are warmly welcome.

Regards
    Houman

2. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

BTW can anyone else confirm that the generals are not unique and are always from the main Barbarian list, despite playing as Romans, Germans or Persians etc?

Thanks
    Houman

3. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

Houman,

As a British (Liz) , i have earned on general in a playgame yesterday. It was Attila the Hun, not trully an english guy....

The Frog.

4. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

I got Cao Cao (famous chinese leader) while playing as Japan.

WarKirby

5. MindProphetX

MindProphetX Chieftain

I too recieved Attilla playing as the Greek which isn't really correct...

6. MindProphetX

MindProphetX Chieftain

Thank you,
    ... and as always thank you for your prompt response its just, as of late it seemed that you and Mexico were MIA or KIA. All the same, I'll try to be more patient however I felt I had to ask about what your team's intentions were. Is there a way to edit another civs hired mercs in the world builder such as when I notice that they're cloning, perhaps I could go into the world builder screen and delete them from the AI script or whatever? Right now if you try to delete the mercs than they will continue to spawn even if you delete every one of them???

7. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

I really wish I could help, but I only have basic knowledge of Pascal, Visual Basic and C++. Not enough for TR I think

Sorry:(

WarKirby

8. storm6436

storm6436 Chieftain

What registry keys etc does the installer look for to determine if warlords is installed? I might be able to fake a warlords installation for my direct2drive install and see if it works anyway... otherwise I'll probably get some tools, dissolve the installer and install it manually.

9. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

I found a nasty consequence of the great wall's kicking out slave revolts glitch. The Americans (bastards beat me to it) have the wall and are using slavery. We are close neighbors, and when they have a revolt, the barbs appear in my territory and rampage around pillaging my stuff.

WarKirby

10. JahtheIII

JahtheIII Chieftain

Sounds like the begining of a great offensive strategy.

Beeline for the Great Wall, Whip a bunch of offensive units while the barbarians they spawn as a side effect act as an "advance force" pilaging and just generally making life difficult for your neighbor until you come in and take him out.

Of course, this could backfire, by the time you get there, all his troops could be level 5 after killing all those relatively weaker barbarian units....:)

11. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

I did beeline for the great wall. I have no idea how Roosevelt beat me to it. He must have had some stone.

WarKirby

12. storm6436

storm6436 Chieftain

Yeah, direct2drive warlords is not compatible with the TR-warlords installer :(

13. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

Why? How is installing D2D different from installing from CD? (other than the lack of a CD of course!)

Also, you should contact the site where you bought it and complain. I'm sure there's a sale of goods act or something that allows you to demand it be fixed or refunded. Technically, the product is not fit for purpose.

WarKirby

14. storm6436

storm6436 Chieftain

It's just an executable you download and install... I'd be willing to bet that Firaxis had them alter a bunch of their install stuff and they probably changed some more to "Prevent Piracy (THINK OF THE CHILDREN!)"

And how am I going to justify asking for a refund? Warlords itself works... I just can't install TR-Warlords because the the TR installer looks for registry keys that aren't there. That wouldn't be an option if the TR installer had a "Force install" option, or if Houman/mexico/etc would tell me what the installer checks for, so I can fake that info (and hopefully give them an idea what needs to be in the installer)

15. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

@STorm

Don't worry, we will think of a solution for the next version. We might need to get back to you regarding your registry entries.

Regards
    Houman

16. storm6436

storm6436 Chieftain

Thanks Houman.

17. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

18. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

sounds great!

Houman

19. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

Can you use that houman?

It would be cool to make TR load faster without sacrificing anything,
    It takes about 2 minutes to load at startup

WarKirby

20. $ailor

$ailor Chieftain

Whew, I thought it was just me having a long loading time. I am almost afraid to add the tool as I really hate to mess with the system. Having the tool in the program and knowing someone that knows what they are doing makes me feel a lot better.