1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Warlords?!@?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by patrickkrebs, Jul 24, 2006.

1. patrickkrebs

patrickkrebs Warlord

Any one have it yet??
    How is it??

2. Lithgon

Lithgon Warlord

3. TrailblazingScot

TrailblazingScot I was kittenOFchaos

4. Panda

Panda Metal head

Because pulling the piss is fun? :confused:

5. Veo

Veo Chieftain

I think hoaxes like that are fun! I guess moderators will be moderators, but I like a good laugh. Some people are pretty amped about getting this xpac though, so I won't speak for them about it. I remember a while back a guy on Planet elder scrolls posted about how they were making morrowind an MMORPG...

that was hilarious.

6. patrickkrebs

patrickkrebs Warlord

Seriously if I didn't have a job I would have been at EB games picking up my copy today when the truck comes in at 10 am.

If anyones got it please post screenshots. No gay photoshop posts.
    Hopefully I'll get it on the way home from work today.

7. jonpfl

jonpfl Prince

From my understanding I believe it ships today which means it will be at the stores tomorrow, right?

Or am I missing something?

8. Watiggi

Watiggi Deity

Apparently it didn't arrive in America or something. Someone tried to get it but couldn't. He even went so far to say that there was a delay or something. Unfortunately the whole thread has pretty much been deleted now. I don't know, why did they have to delete it? I thought I just wasted the last 3 hours of my time and NOW I have nothing to show for it! :sigh:

9. abman

abman Chieftain

I had a dillemma in purchasing Warlords. I wanted to get it today on my lunch break, but I had an amazon.com gift certificate that would cover it. Should I get it today or preorder on amazon and get it later this week? I went for later this week for free. So I guess I'll just have to find something to do until then :cry: Read someone's Warlord succession game narrative maybe.

10. drkodos

drkodos Emperor

I WAS there this morning. The truck did not come in. In addition, I got a message from the company I pre-ordered from that it has been delayed and there is no other info from Amazon at this point.

Worst Buy says they expect it today, but their recieving date on their computers show 7/25/06. I drove to several stores, including everyone's favorite, Wal-Mart, and spoke to several management people, all of whom stated that they have not recieved it, and did not expect to do so until this afternoon at the earliest.

The manager at the local Worst Buy even agreed to call me when it comes in (The least they could do after all the $$$ I spend there!).

11. geebo

geebo Prince

yea i called gamestop over here in the Bronx, and they said tomarrow best buy also, so Im guessing tomarrow. if NYC doesn't have it no where else has it yea know... oh well one more day aint that bad...

12. MisterBarca

MisterBarca Prince

I called three local game shops in New York. They all said expect it tomorrow afternoon.

From my experience, most games are in stores on the day after its release. There are exceptions with big games (e.g. Warcraft III, World of Warcraft), where I was able to get the game on the day of release, but again they are the exceptions.

13. geebo

geebo Prince

yea im trying to find a "mom and pop" store now they always seem to have things early.....

14. patrickkrebs

patrickkrebs Warlord

I got civ the day it came out, right when the truck got there.
    Usually the truck comes in and they give the people a day (by noon) to put it on the shelves.
    I was just annoying as hell and walked in as they were opening boxes in the back and was like, hey got any civs in there.

I pre-ordered the expansion, I'll stop by after wrok, I'm in NYC too in the village.
    I'm not getting my hopes up, but i they don't give me the game tomorrow I'll have to take a vallium ;)

15. geebo

geebo Prince

haha for real... if you get it today, let us know... maybe i could find it then too....

16. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

perhaps no one is getting it till the 28th? All good fun and games.

17. futurehermit

futurehermit Deity

In Canada here...I stopped by EB games over lunch today and they said Wed or Thurs.

18. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

At least you guys will get it tomorrow the latest. I have to wait like a week and a half until I can play Warlords, even if I order it today!

19. Tarkhan

Tarkhan King

I clicked the link, and got directed to a "You have no forum access" page... I think a moderater lay the :hammer: on the thread for whatever reason.

20. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

It was a thread 7 pages long. Best not talk about contents why give these kids credits for their cheap jokes. Tacky at best to play with hearts and minds of Civ fans.