1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Warlords?!@?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by patrickkrebs, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Emerald Melios

Emerald Melios Chieftain

I figured it was a hoax when I saw the first shot. It was obviously photoshopped.

2. Brancaleone

Brancaleone Warlord

Me too off course. I even tried to defend the guy, but now that the topic was deleted no1 can prove i did it, and i can say i noticed the photoshop the moment i opened that topic and then ill sound really smart and veteran and stuff :crazyeye:

I want that game..

3. drkodos

drkodos Emperor

I can attest that you did indeed call the shot, and I was wrong about it. There was so much to indicate it was bogus and so very little to indicate it was real, but I still took the bait and now I am flopping about on the deck of the ship, gasping for air. :(

Now, if this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, well then, life is pretty darn good! :p

4. Mrdie

Mrdie Founder of eRegime

Since I had photoshop, but am bad at using it, I didn't notice it was a photoshop untill I looked more closer at the box. :/

5. Watiggi

Watiggi Deity

I didn't think the mods could just kill a thread like that. I feel like I have gone nuts or something because I was in an intense conversation that never happened... :lol:

6. Sisonpyh

Sisonpyh Prince

Never, ever, I mean EVER pre-order a new game from Amazon. Unless you like random delays.

7. Psycadelic_Magi

Psycadelic_Magi Hippie/Philosopher/Peanut

Ive ordered mine from play.com, very cheap and never fails... well not most of the time anyway

8. Knightospr

Knightospr Chieftain

Still waiting for it, not sure when it is in store yet! Gonna check as soon as possible. Checked some local sites in Norway, it seems like it is not coming before july 28 friday :( , but I gonna check before in hope it is in the store already :D

I'll maybe make an report when I got it! It will absolutly be worth the money i think!

9. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

Seconded. I preordered Civ4 from Amazon, and the day after release in the US the order status was still "pending, awaiting packing and shipping" or something like that. I cancelled that order and picked it up at my local EB Games.

10. drkodos

drkodos Emperor

I wish you guys had responded in the thread I posted about pre-ordering. :lol:

11. Wodan

Wodan Deity

I've concluded that preordering these days isn't worth it.

Wodan

12. geebo

geebo Prince

Wodan, I deff. agree with u, but just called gamestop, the truck comes at 3-4p.m. they said they will have it then so for now its just waiting...

13. abman

abman Chieftain

Yeah I have had a similar delay with preordering civ4, so I'm well aware of what I should expect. But I just decided I'd prefer to use this gift certificate and wait a longer time than pay and get it immediately at a local store. I'm hopeful it'll at least ship this week from amazon...

14. patrickkrebs

patrickkrebs Warlord

The gamestop on 14th street gave me the impression last night that they had it but would not give it to me until today around noon. I might go over there at lunch.

15. BothofUs

BothofUs Chieftain

Just got back from a FYE Superstore and they had it. Installing now.

16. drkodos

drkodos Emperor

Oh my. Let the frenzy begin again.

17. FuRRie

FuRRie King

I hope you injoined life BothofUs ;)

18. Jheronimus

Jheronimus Warlord

Will Bothofus tell the truth here, I hope so

if so, what about new resources and impromements????

And by the way we want to see clear evidence in the form of many screenshots!!

If you don't have webspace give them to me, I'll host them for you...