1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. The Great Apple

The Great Apple Big Cheese

I don't know if all of you are planning on getting Warlords or not. From what I read it ships with the SDK (don't have it in the UK yet).

Should we continue to create versions for both versions, or just switch to Warlords? IMO we should convert our existing code to Warlords ASAP, and not continue supporting vanilla Civ 4. It seems an awful lot of effort to continue work on two separate SDKs.

2. Impaler[WrG]

Impaler[WrG] Civ4:Col UI programmer

I agree, warlords will very rapidly become the prefered mode of play for +90% of the community. I am wondering what method we will use for the integration, most likly we would paste our code into the Warlords SDK, but if their are very few changes in the SDK it might consivably be easier to paste the warlords changes into the current project.

3. Dale

Dale Chieftain

The SDK is with the release version of Warlords, and no, you have to start from scratch. A lot has changed in the SDK.

Dale

4. The Great Apple

Surely most of the old code will run, it'll just have to be completely remerged. (Speculation - still don't have the game here)

5. The Great Apple

Got the game, taken a look. Most of the functions are the same. Some stuff has completelty changed.

Are we going to create a new CVS branch for Warlords? I have no idea how to go about it, so if somebody with some idea how to go about it would do it, it'd be great!

6. The Great Apple

Pretty please?