warmonger hate question

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Dushku, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Dushku

Dushku Prince

I declared war on Rome and took Cumae. He took it back. Then I took it. Then he took it back. Then I took it. All in the span of less than a dozen turns. Do I get the hate of having taken the city once or three times?

2. Mahasona

Mahasona Prince

You took a Roman city three times. Might as well burn down the rest too while you're there.

This is only gut feeling mind.

3. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

Every time you capture a city you increase your warmonger score(even if you liberate it), unless you originally founded it. So in your case you get the same warmonger score as if you had captured 3 cities.

4. Dushku

Dushku Prince

Does that mean Rome got the hate of taking over two cities? Or because it was originally his city, will there be no hate for him?

5. Sclb

Sclb Emperor

I thought you don't increase warmonger score when you liberate cities, in fact it decreases your score. Any civ taking his city back generates no hate.

6. BurnBabyBurn

BurnBabyBurn Warlord

I have done this on multiple occasions and I cannot answer this question. It does not seem like I am hated anymore but usually by the time I go on the rampage I am taking more than 1 or 2 Capitols. A method to help you 'offset' warmonger hate previously to getting into war I have found at least: Get the opponent you're up against to DOW a couple of people(doesn't matter who but preferably someone you fear will attack you) then denounce him so your friends don't care so much about your raising his cities or taking and destroying his cities. I think the AI is hard coded to think of you as the Hero when you attack a naughty Civilization.

7. Dushku

Dushku Prince

I use Neblet's Diplomacy Values mod now, so next time I'm in this situation, I'll try and pay attention to the before and after values of other civs.

For those interested, I've released a modpack of Diplo Vals and a fixed version of InfoAddict (fixed in that it doesn't crash anymore and plays nicely with EUI 1.27) here.

8. Phukit

Phukit Warlord

9. Dushku

Dushku Prince

No. I'm still learning the game, so changing the game would get in the way of that. I only use informational tools at this point.

10. Tatran

Tatran Deity

Not true. I only took 1 city, a capital, the AI re-captured it and 2 or 3 civs gave me the warmonger penalty.

11. Sclb

Sclb Emperor

If you weren't the original owner, you get warmonger penalty