Warmonger Penalty

Carazycool

Warlord
I was playing a game as Roosevelt. I had not declared war on anyone nor had I even been to war at all. Kongo and I had some trades going on and slightly positive relations. Kongo asked me to join him in a joint war. I agreed. The next turn, Kongo denounced me for being a warmonger, along with everyone else in the game.

This just seems silly. The person who is asking you to go to war with them should have zero negative modifiers when you agree. If anything, there should be a positive modifier with that civ. Also, your first DoW of the game should not have an immediate -20 something negative modifier for "warmongering." I can understand a big negative modifier from the person you declared war on, but the first DoW of the game shouldn't be greater than a -10 warmonger modifier with other civilizations.

I love the game so far but I think this is a major issue and needs to be patched.

i'm in renaissance now, but I was in medieval when that war started, i think.

I got the same problem too. Good friends with Rome, wants a joint war with Scythia across the ocean. Next thing I know, almost everyone denounces me. And I never went to war with anyone.

Yep. Gandhi did that to me. And everybody except Gorgo was unamused by my warmongering, when I was just helping out my little buddy. (Well, OK, I stayed on my island and just wanted India and Egypt to bleed a little).

Joint wars partners need to be immune, and warmonger penalties need to be less in general.

I had this s happen with my ally, too. Though I proposed the war. I cannot believe they didn't fix this bug from Civ5.

yes i don't mind that they make mistakes and that there are bugs at the AI diplomacy or game but they make mistakes they did in previous games(civ 5) thats just annoying.

i have the feeling it are the same developers who created civ 5 vanilla if this is the case i thinx it will take a long time before its fixed.

Top Bottom