Warmonger Penalty?

historix69

Emperor
In my ongoing game (2.8.2 version, explorer) I tried a rather peacefull expansion with some short Blitzkrieg wars to take out european rivals. I tried to settle at least 2 tiles from native villages if possible. I think I also have all the FFs for native relations. Once I accepted a quest by the archbishop to fight against a native tribe, took the free units but did not actively wage war against the natives. I just defended my own territory and killed hostile native units entering my borders. I never attacked native settlements and made peace as soon as possible.

The wars with europeans were short, too. The war against New France was a quest by the King providing much appreciated free units like a MoW, 2 Hessians, Royal Artillery, etc. The following wars against New Sweden and New England were a try to consolidate the conquered french settlements. Both wars were short and after taking their settlements in few turns they agreed to peace.

However when I declared war on New England, 6 native leaders declared war against me, claiming I had destroyed their cities and killed their people what I never did. (Maybe they fell for english propaganda?)
While England accepted peace after a few turns, the natives do not accept a peace on equal terms but demand ca. 5k - 6k gold each. Despite the ongoing war, my relation with all the affected native tribes is quite good : +7.
I kill every other turn ca. 4 attacking native units and wait but their gold demands for peace never change. I would expect that they at some point would agree to a ceasefire.

Is there something like a warmonger penalty forcing native tribes to fight against the player? Why do the natives not get bored by loosing all their units?

I kill every other turn ca. 4 attacking native units and wait but their gold demands for peace never change. I would expect that they at some point would agree to a ceasefire.
1. smash some of their villages to shreds and they will ask for less gold)
2. send bugs only for release 2.9. other releases are no longer relevant.

@historix69

To answer your questions:

Yes
there are mechanisms in the game that let other Players join forces against you if you become too agressive.
Once we get to improve AI considering Diplomacy and other features like Colonial Support in Wars with Natives this will even increase.

There is lots of potential to make Diplomacy considering Wars more interesting.
But our todo list is long and our active team still very small ... :sad:

Last edited:
Top Bottom