1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Warmongering Before Meeting Other Civs

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by hai 1, Jan 30, 2014.

1. hai 1

hai 1 Chief

I am a bit confused as to how this works. When I have cleared continents, it has gone smoothly. Once I meet civs from other continents, I have a clean slate. Other situations are less clear to me however. For example, if I meet a city-state that no one else has met, and conquer it before anyone else meets it, am I hit with a warmonger penalty? Or if I meet two civs that have not met yet, and clear one of them out, will the other consider me a warmonger?

Perhaps an outlining of exactly how the warmonger penalty works and is applied will clear up my issues. Thanks in advance.

2. Spikey1201

Spikey1201 Chieftain

I can say the following: a city state that is cleared before anyone meets it will not make you a warmonger. And while clearing a continent will keep you in the clear as you said, MAKE SURE you have no DOFs with your victims, as stupidly the unmet AIs will know you "betrayed a friend"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

What about civs that have met your victim but not you, and met you but not your victim? I've always wondered this.

4. Spikey1201

Spikey1201 Chieftain

I'm not sure either, I would love to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk