Warmongering

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by CharmzOC, Jul 5, 2006.

?

Favorite warmongering time

1. classical

37.2%
  2. medeval

14.0%
  3. rennasance

18.6%
  4. industrial

16.3%
  5. modern

14.0%
  1. CharmzOC

CharmzOC Chieftain

Warmongering is one of my favorite civ pastimes. personally I prefer to do so in the late renisance era with calvary or in the modern era with MA's and S. Bomberrs. What do you think?

2. migthegreek

migthegreek Back In Black

Medieval or Modern for me. I think Medieval is more fun, in terms of the units used, but I'm happier using Mech. Infantry, Tanks and Stealth Bombers when my civilisation is a sprawling mass of advanced cities.

3. King Flevance

King Flevance Deity

Medeival and rennessaince/industrial for me. I start in late medieval usually and don't let up for a while. Modern and classical I am working on getting my game going right or finishing right respectively. Usually pushing for peace in these times.

4. Till

Till Adventurer

I enjoy warmongering in the early game.
    Since infrastructure is still lacking, you can only produce precious few units. You can't really affort huge losses, so you have to make the most of the terrain to beat the AI.
    During late game, all needed infrastructure is already in place, which means cities are free to produce units 24/7. Wars tends to become bothersome then, because you have to move dozens of units. Since you are able to affort losing entire stacks of units, the "do or die" feel of early wars is missing.

5. Lockesdonkey

Lockesdonkey Liberal Jihadist

You forgot a key one: I don't warmonger.

6. fret

fret Prince

This would have been better as multiple choice. I love warmongering all the time, but my favuorite is probably classical, closely followed by aincent, so i voted classical.

Unless im going for diplo (which is rare) or cultural, I am usually at war from the moment i meet someone to the turn I win the game :D

7. Kalleyao

Kalleyao Prince

I vote classical era.

8. Panda

Panda Metal head

Medieval, with macemen available, tends to see a lot of war in my games.

Of course, UU's dictate that too. No point in playing nice as Hatshepsut when you have War Chariots available, or not letting your Panzers loose when you play the Germans.

9. kristopherb

kristopherb Protective/Charismatic

the sig says it all

10. Bushface

Bushface Deity

Can't vote: I enjoy a nice Ancient war, given a nearby rival or two. Otherwise, as soon as I get Knights (medieval) or if I'm playing the French, Musketeers (renaissance), finishing off with Tanks (industrial) and Bombers (modern). And sometimes I don't fight at all.

11. armchairknight

armchairknight Warlord

Modern warmongering is my favorite. In part because the eralier phases sees me furiously building and consolidating and partly because the awesome units available late game.

12. wkndwrrr

wkndwrrr Warlord

Mid/Late Medieval to Mid Renaissance. I just can't see how anyone can wage an effective war beforehand. At most you just pillage stuff, maybe kill one or stray units. Before Constuction or at least Civil Service, you have no chance at all of capturing a city unless it is defended by like 1 archer and one warrior, which almost never happens, much less an empire.

13. CharmzOC

CharmzOC Chieftain

exactly. Im really sort of surprised that classical is ahead in the poll

14. Doom Train

Doom Train Warlord

I always enjoy warmogering in classical era

15. Older than Dirt

Older than Dirt King

The most effective wars are in the classical period when you destroy an encroaching rival and capture its capital along with a couple of other cities. This catapults you ahead of the peaceniks, which is especially effective if done before catapults invented. This is called PMS (Pre-emptive military strike) amongst warriors and is best accomplished whilst munching on extra crunchy Cheetos (the regular kind are for girls and peaceniks).