Warmonger's Delight - A peaceful builder going awry

I am a bit confused also, how does the roster look like now ?

Is it my turn nafter Aggie ? ( if I get a turn that is ? )

Good job on the warpath Nad.

Grimjack

IHT: We have a lot of money. I put it to good use and hurry four settlers and a couple of other improvements.

Turn 1 (1878 ad) A lot of preparation. Next turn three viking cities will be under attack.

Turn 2 (1880 ad) 'This is it' founded in Viking territory.
Odense and Teotihuacan are within reach of our artillery.
'This is it 2' founded with the same artillery-attack purpose. Now Trondheim is the target.

The RNG is not with me. Artillery wasn't very effective (30% reached the target) and also 5 cavs are lost. But Odense is razed. Also no luck during the siege of Trondheim. But it also falls and is razed. Shame about Sistine. It had a nice painting on the ceiling. :mischief:

I rushed a lot of military on the Celtish/Viking island. Also did a bit of mass-upgrading (muskets/pikes)

Turn 3 (1882 ad) 'This is it 3 founded' to target Reykjavik.

Now the RNG is in my favor: Reykjavik and Teutihuacon razed wit hardly any losses.

Turn 4 (1884 ad) 'This is it 4 founded' for the siege of Hareid.

It took 15 artillery and a cav army to raze the city.

IT: A Viking invasion force drops of.... 1 berserk.

Turn 5 (1886 ad) 'This is it 5' and '6' founded.

Heavily defended (7 units, 2 drafted) Tetochtitlan captured without losses. :hammer: It has the pyramids and Bach. Bergen was razed and a leader killed in the process.

The Vikings now only have 3 tundra cities left.

Turn 6 (1888 ad) 'This is it 7' built. Target: Oslo.

I had to wait 5 tuns, but now I have my own leader. I planned to raze Oslo, but it has Magellan.

Sorry Grimjack, you're not going to play a turn... :( The Vikings have 6 riflemen left.

Turn 7 (1890 ad) Tlatelolco razed. 'Game, set and match' :p founded. This was the last defender in Aarhus:

Turn 8 (1892 ad): :band:

Here's the histograph:

Here's the 1890 ad save

[dance] :wavey: [party] :hammer:

Way to go, everybody! A glorious victory for the warmongering Mongols! A thoroughly enjoyable game and I want to thank you guys for taking part. I certainly learned a huge amount from that game, and, to be honest, as a team we played well enough to make it quite easy towards the end.

Aggie: I love the way you razed Sistine in that last turn! Summed up what this game was about. None of that dandy culture stuff, we want to kill things :hammer:

Well, that's that. I may start another succession game sometime and if you guys wanna participate, you are more than welcome (I've got a couple of really crazy ideas for succ games that I wanna try out).

Hear me now! :mwaha:

The histograph clearly shows how long and tedious that Celtisch war was. The middle ages were terrible. All that sailing to get the troops ready. The berserks. :eek: That obviously was the hardest part of the game. And the part in which I learned the most.

The endgame was standard procedure. I used the technique described by Moonsinger in How to use artillery effectively

Yup, agree, the berzerks prolonged the game for quite a while, with us actually needing to defend our shores.

Great Game everybody.

I am game for any warmongering game.

Grimjack

I would be up for any wierd ideas you have to offer Nad!

All for warmongery :ar15:

Great game all...

When the next one start Nad?

Count me in...

Melifluous

Blimey, you guys are keen on warmongery! Remember, I'm supposed to be a peaceful builder going awry!:D ;)

No seriously, one idea I had was a combination of OCC, 5CC, 10CC and domination. We would start the game playing a one city challenge. At the end of the BC years, the game would become a 5CC (of course, it being likely that all the land has gone by this time! So we would have to fight our way from our one city to claim another 4). The 5CC would last until 500AD, at which point we would be playing 10CC (therefore requiring another war:D ) After 1000AD all city restrictions are lifted and we aim for domination ASAP. What I like about this idea is that it would required phased wars in dfferent eras and each time we would be fighting from behind. Also, the chances of having (m)any strategic resources while in the OCC/5CC mode would be low, so we may be fighting superior foes (though we could trade for resources). I would think a pangea with min land would be the ideal map and the difficulty level would be monarch or emperor (heck, gotta make it difficult!). And we'd probably require a militaristic civ for all that fighting.

Anyway, that's just one wacky idea I had. I wasn't planning on starting right away as I'm stuck on 1.14 while most other people have the 1.21 patch, but with the patch in limbo, if you guys think it would work, I could set this up pretty soon:)

Well I'm sure that we could all still play version 1.14 still, when the patch comes out, then we can all upgrade properly...

As for the game idea, it sure sounds like fun to me ;)
Where do I sign?

Melifluous

PS. I played an OCC game in Season 3 of the tournament... Fun ;)

I'm OK with 1.14. I like the concept. Coming from far behind with a similar goal as this SG, but with a different route. We may even contact the aliens that we succesfully kicked of the planet here :) But I think that the ancient age will not be very interesting in a SG, because I expect us to push <enter> a lot.

I would suggest us to be military and expansionist. The 2nd trait to keep up in tech and the first because it's suited for a war-like game.

What level are you thinking about? Monarch?

I'm thinking monarch or emperor. Yes, the ancient years would be a builder phase but I do not think they would be boring. Far from it. We should be able to nab a couple of wonders but more importantly, we would have to set ourselves up for fighting when we only have one city. That would mean trade routes to get resources (especially if our first city is non-coastal), troop build-up, scouring, deciding targets etc. Also, there is no restiction in not warring in the BC years, only on only having 1 city, so I'm sure if the opportunity presented itself, this group of players could find the pretext for war ;) :D

The civ is debatable but I'm not too keen on mil/expansionist, firstly cos that's what we've just played, and secondly, in PTW expansionist civs sometimes have advanced tribes join them when they pop a hut which could lead to a pretty early technical knock-out while we're in OCC mode;)

Nad, you're right that these are the same traits. Other traits are also OK. The advanced tribes don't have to be a problem. If we pop a city we can simply abandon it. And a settler can be joined to the one city we have: extra population. Or we can keep it for the next phase of the game.

How about religious scientific?

Cheap temples and libraries to get our borders expanding quick...
How about the Babs?

Or is the UU too early?

Thoughts anyone?

Melifluous

I don't like to see an early UU. Looking at the UU and the time you want a solid one, I suggest the Indians :) We wouldn't need resources to build the war elephant!! We would have alphabet already so we may have a shot at The Great Library. Also conquest with the Indians sounds like fun :)

Good thinking Aggie. The idea of ELephants on the lose gives a nice image to my mind. :)

Grimjack

Right guys, I'll start a new thread later on today once I've thought over a couple of things

Top Bottom