1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Warmonger's Delight Part II - Aztec Style (AWN)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Nad, Feb 3, 2006.

1. M60A3TTS

M60A3TTS Ex-treadhead

I simply don't agree. If Teno is going to be producing many hammers, then the HE is appropriate to produce military. The next largest producing town is only half that of Teno, so our military production would be reduced. In AW, that doesn't make sense to me.

2. bihary

bihary Chieftain

I think it is OK to build both Epics in our capital (the National Epic must go there I believe and soon). Wall Street would be very nice, but by the time we get there, this game will probably be decided.

3. katank

katank Chieftain

HE is just begging for West point. Using Teno for Wall Street and National Epic is probably the best.

As for the game being decided by Corporation, that's hard to say. Unless we rush really hard, we wouldn't kill everyone until modern age.

We can probably reconfigure another city with workshops and what-not to beat Teno in hammers.

4. jameson

jameson Chieftain

Inherited turn: Veto the HE in Tenoch and start it on a Buddhist temple (2 turns) instead). We won't need troops for a while and, as discussed, I think Tenoch is better off with the NE and Wall St. Ironfield looks like a good candidate to eventually take over unit production duty.

Key goals for this turn: wipe out the Inca, build up the economy

1140 AD (2) Buddhist Temple completes in Tenoch, we can churn out Notre Dame in just 16 turns. I go for it.

1150 AD (3) Forbidden Palace started in Gem city. Due in 34, should be sooner with chops and growth. HBR comes in, Monotheism in 1 is next.

1160 AD (4) Mono comes in, up next is Calendar in 3. Found Teo to the SW, this and the switch to OR bumps up maintenance by 6 gold

1190 AD (7) Calendar comes in, go for Theology next. We get a Prophet in Tenoch. At this point we can start a GA or join him, since Theo is due in 5 using him on a tech doesn't make a lot of sense but we might get a jumpstart on Divine Right too.
    I decide to save the Prrophet for a few turns so this can be discussed.

I decide to do something about the Inca:

We keep the city, since we have two workers on hand to start improving it :D. Not the greatest spot, but it's just a spawning ground for barbs otherwise. I'm curious to see how big we can grow our empire without Organized or Financial bonuses, actually. We're doing pretty well so far.
    Unfortunately, the Inca have another city around somewhere ( as it turns out, it's to the North of Corihuayrachina).

1220 AD (10) Axe near our Incan colony city kills a barb axe on defense, then smashes a barb warrior.

With the help of some chopping, the FP should come in in 7 turns or so, once Theology is in we could use the Prophet on Islam and start building Versailles somewhere. Alternatively, we could trigger a GA, but I'm inclined to save that until later. Our empire is now at the size where churning out an aqueduct and the HG is a decent proposition.
    I haven't switched to HR yet, since happinesswise we don't need it yet, but with HG done, it might become necessary.

I completed pretty much no troops whatsoever, so maybe our garrisons should be strengthened somewhat here and there. But seeing as the AIs haven't even founded Christianity yet, I don't think there's a hurry.

5. ThERat

ThERat Chieftain

got it, I guess we will get the same issues with barbs as we had on the our own continent. We need some fog busters and defense there, else we will be pillaged I guess. In the meantime, we should try and head for optics so we can check where the rest of the enemies are. Also, getting the AI into war mode will slow them down a lot.

6. katank

katank Chieftain

Compass would be a very good tech to head for on the way to optics. Harbors will help our coastal trade routes quite a bit.

We are doing pretty well. Save some of the Incans for me;)

7. ThERat

ThERat Chieftain

save

Pre-Turn
    goal for this turnset: get economy up so we can expand on our new continent and take out Huayna
    MM for faster growth, after all we will get more happiness all around
    whip library in Olla

1. 1230AD
    Cori comes online and our income takes a further dip
    Olla get library and changed to rax which is done in 1 turn, hmm?

2. 1240AD
    theology is in and we found christianity
    use Great Prophet for partial research on divine right, now needs 4 more turns
    first barb archer appears on the other continent

3. 1250AD
    beat that barb archer, advance towards the last Inca city that is merley defended by a chariot

4. 1260AD
    attack last Inca town

raze city and Incas are history

5. 1270AD
    Notre Dame is in, go for an aqueduct so we can build HG

6. 1280AD
    we found Islam as well as we get divine rights
    with the FP income imprves by 7gpt
    there are now 4 barbs around Cori, exactly what I feared, we need more military on the new continent and settle soon to stop this
    use a cat to take out one warrior but our axe ran into the path of a barb axe

whip a lighthouse in NorthClam

7. 1290AD
    luckily we take out barb axe and sword
    jag beats up warrior as well

8. 1300AD
    capital gets aqueduct and goes for HG in 6
    going to stop here to even things out

compass is due next turn, with HG in we will need to change to heriditary rule for growth
    we now make 7gpt ay 60% research and I would suggest building Versailles in Cori after a court

we can settle the new continent slowly then

Cori

game feels more like a builder game at the moment :(

8. katank

katank Chieftain

Got it.

Will try and play tonight.

9. katank

katank Chieftain

Preturn: Checked builds everywhere. We have courthouses pretty much everywhere. Good job on that. My turn set should consist of trying to settled some of the juicier places in the Inca lands and also to spread our religion a bit.

We need civil service soon but optics after compass is probably the best.

Turn 1: Switched over to build a bunch of missionaries. We need to spread our religion if we are using an expensive civic like organized religion. Every city that doesn't have it is paying the

civics cost without any benefit.

Turn 2: Jag kills barb axe. 2.8/5

Turn 3: Axe kills barb sword 4.3/5

Turn 4: Axe kills barb sword 4.3/5. Brawling Raider (axe) kills barb axe 3.3/5

Turn 5: IBT Real shocker kills barb sword in close battle (0.2/3). Optics comes in.

Turn 6: Complete Hanging Gardens > National Epic. Our civ now holds 5 million happy Aztecs! Killed two barb warriors with axes.

Turn 7: Combat 4 Melee Master crushed a barb axe with nary a scratch. First caravel launches.

Turn 8: Some builds and another caravel in the opposite direction. Circumnav would be very important for us.

Turn 9: Spotted land to the east.

Turn 10: Barb city named Tartar. Looks like new continent.

10. bihary

bihary Chieftain

My turn.

Will play tonight, but may take more than 1 day.
    Hmmm... Where is the save file?

11. katank

katank Chieftain

Sorry about that, dude. Something weird with my attachments.

Here it is.

12. bihary

bihary Chieftain

Got it. Will play soon

13. bihary

bihary Chieftain

Sorry guys, I have to ask for a skip.
    Next time it is my turn, I hope I will be less busy.

14. M60A3TTS

M60A3TTS Ex-treadhead

That will put Nad up.

15. Nad

Nad Known Troublemaker

ok, got it, will play asap

16. ThERat

ThERat Chieftain

:bump: this game is seriously stalled, Nad do you need a skip?

17. katank

katank Chieftain

Yep, my other SG is almost finished. It started later too. We need a lot more :spank: for the AIs

18. jameson

jameson Chieftain

I think M60A3TTS should probably pick it up now.

19. ThERat

ThERat Chieftain

Nad...MIA
    M60A3TTS...UP NOW
    jameson...ON DECK
    ThERat
    katank
    bihary

20. M60A3TTS

M60A3TTS Ex-treadhead

Got it and playing now. I'm at turn 4 and have spotted the French border with our caravel scouting the eastern island around to the northeast. The barbs are in the western area of the land mass.