1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Warmonger's Delight Part II - Aztec Style (AWN)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Nad, Feb 3, 2006.

1. M60A3TTS

M60A3TTS Ex-treadhead

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/Warmonger::s_Delight_II_BC-16001.Civ4SavedGame

IBT- Sheepcoast harbor> Buddhist Stupa. Pebble Beach starts Buddhist temple.

Turn 1 (1410AD) East Coast converted.

IBT- Brawling Raider survives an encounter with a barb axe.

Turn 2 (1420AD) Gem City starts another Stupa. We have a caravel on a 20+ turn voyage? That’s not proper SG etiquette. End that mission. Whip a harbor in PigRice.

IBT- Melee Master fends off an archer attack.

Turn 3 (1430AD) Melee Master kills a barb sword.

Turn 4 (1440AD) Our caravel scouting the Eastern island spots a blue border. Has to be France that has Confucianism and Taoism. Since he has Taoism, he has to be up drama and Philo. Religious advisor said he got it in 1050AD, so that was a while ago. We have Plato the Great Scientist, so he builds his academy in Teno. Caravel moves ahead and declares on Napoleon. Kill barb warrior with axe near Cori.

Turn 5 (1450AD) Pretty quiet, killing barbs on Incaland, but we’re maxed at 13xp.

Turn 6 (1460AD) Find Paris size 10 defended by 3 archers and a spear. Ironfield starts HE.

Turn 7 (1470AD) Quiet

Turn 8 (1480AD) Buddhist Stupa> mace in Gem City.

Turn 9 (1490AD) Convert Cori to Buddhism.

Turn 10 (1500AD) Teno completes Spiral Minaret. Start grocer. Move a settler south of East Coast so he can found a city if the next player wants to do so. A missionary is with him for an immediate conversion. Plenty of forest available to get infra up there.

Finished Guilds and Astronomy in 11 which will obsolete Colossus, but then we can get galleons going. We may opt to settle on the west side of Napoleons lands and then culture bomb us some territory.

2. jameson

jameson Chieftain

Glad we finally located someone else to kill :). Got it.

3. jameson

jameson Chieftain

The currently uploaded save is the wrong one from 1600BC, I'd like one from
    1500 AD please :)

4. M60A3TTS

M60A3TTS Ex-treadhead

5. jameson

jameson Chieftain

Inh. turn: change production in 3 unit-building towns to barracks; if we're going to buildtroops, better make them veteran.

Also revolt to HR and Bureaucracy ending unhappiness problems in two cities and gaining a turn on Astronomy.

1505 AD (1) Found the city of Sheepshaggers in the SE (couldn;'t think of another name, sorry)

1520 AD (4) Meet Toky\u in the North, autodeclare. He's certainly behind us.

1540 AD (8) Astronomy comes in, start on paper. Tenoch starts on obesrvatory after knocking out three monasteries and a grocer.

1545 AD (9) Heron the Great Engineer is born in Tenoch, fortify him outise of the city. I'm thikning rushbuilding the Taj Mahal after the Liberalism/Nationalism slingshot.

1550 AD (10) Found the city of Côte d'Ivoire in former inca lands.

A set of builderss'turns apart from killing a few barbs; we're down Philo on Louis but can grab it in a few turns, and we're likely up a host of other techs.

Come to think of it, we could Ship out Heron to assist in building Versailles in former Inca lands for a great second base and ramp up settler production there while starting on an invasion force in the homeland.

6. katank

katank Chieftain

Preturn (1550): Looks good. Whipped a bunch of places.

Turn 1 (1555): Paper came in, start on education. Let's nab liberalism. Caravel met Alexander to our north. Building galleons for invasion of Napoleon. Why the heck do we have so many Christian missionaries? We don't even have a shrine yet. What a waste of shields for now. Killed buncha barbs.

Uneventful. Caravels continue to explore. Move units east on our initial continent. Getting ready to invade Napoleon soon. Killed more barbs.

Turn 6 (1590): Talatelco founded. This uncovers a ton of fog and would probably turn out to be a good city.

Turn 7 (1585): Galleon launches for French continent.

Turn 9 (1595): Maceman takes Tartar from the French, killing the lone horse archer inside. Now there's 2 maces and 1 catapult in that expeditionary force. 4 galleons total to ferry across the invasion forces.

Turn 10 (1600): Caravel in French lands sight an enemy work boat. Kill next turn. Second galleon arrives to reinforce initial Tartar garrison. Note there's a barb warrior on a hill nearby guarding a hut. Let's go pop it. If we get a tech, that'd be insane. Our galleons take only 5-6 turns to make a round trip. Awesome. We can kill em through logistics. Consider an amphibious assault on Paris. Going by land is likely too slow. The beachhead is still valuable though.

I didn't touch Heron. I think that as soon as liberalism comes in, pick nationhood. Then we use Heron to grab Taj Mahal. A golden age would really rock for our sizeable empire.

Question: where the heck is our Forbidden Palace?

7. ThERat

ThERat Chieftain

Roster

Nad...MIA
    M60A3TTS
    jameson
    ThERat - up
    katank - just played and skipped me???
    bihary

katank, a little impatient ;)
    anyway got it, will play my turns, then bihary can follow
    guess we should stick to the Roster except for Nad until he pops back

8. bihary

bihary Chieftain

I am terribly sorry guys, RL hit me hard all of a sudden. I have to give up my place in this SG. I have another one (Saladin the Pirate) that I started, I will have time only for that one. On the bright side, you do seem to have a healthy group of 4-5 players even without me, so have fun, I will surely be lurking.

Best.

9. katank

katank Chieftain

Whoa, really sorry about that, therat. For some reason I thought I was after jameson. RL and other SGs. Thus, I wanted to play quickly.

Sorry.

10. jameson

jameson Chieftain

Heh, at least we're moving again :). Hope Nad also returns though !

I should have noted the reason for the missionaries - happiness rather than money. Each additional faith is a really quick temple available, plus we could even consider Free Religion for the science boost ( not that we need it really , except to get faster to the advanced units) eventually. An extra shrine would be a bonus, but not necessary.
    May be weed, I know.

I should have noted we also got the circumnavigation boost.

11. ThERat

ThERat Chieftain

save

Pre-Turn
    our capital is building Sistine? what os the purpose of that, do we need culture?
    total waste IMHO, but since it's a mere 6 turns, leave it
    I think we need theaters since we have some unhappiness already

we still need to settle out 2nd Island to bust some fog

1. 1605AD
    Cote D'Ivore is being threatened by a barb axe and we got nothing much to counter there
    beat a barb warrior but lose one axe against an axe

2. 1610AD
    defeat barb axe, found Crabcoc and our economy is in shatters

3. 1615AD
    defeat warrior near tartar to bust a hut and we get a free scout. as if we need that

4. 1620AD
    someone else built Sistine and we get 400+ gold for that

5. 1625AD
    we get liberalism, get nationalism for free and go for drama and the theaters
    we get another Great Engineer, use him for Taj Mahal

6. 1630AD
    drama is in, engineering next
    our 8 turn GA starts, good chance for infra push

7. 1635AD
    defeat barb sword and a Japanese settler galley :)

8. 1640AD
    engineering is in, PP next for added commerce
    Teno starts Angkor Wat after a uni

9. 1645AD
    our mini stack of 4 units next to marseilles gets attacked and defeats 4 units lsing none
    promote units at Marseilles and bomb it to 24%

10. 1650AD
    French land a settler pait near tartar, take out galley
    take out an archer at barb city in our 2nd Island
    spread Buddhism to Tartar

PP will be in next turn, next we should go for gunpowder

barb city overseas

France, we still have a stack at Marseilles healing

12. M60A3TTS

M60A3TTS Ex-treadhead

That would put me up, but the save is for Rat12_500BC. Another file needed, I believe.

13. katank

katank Chieftain

Building the sistine chapel is for denial/refund purposes. Besides, it was reasonably cheap in number of turns.

We used another engineer for Taj Mahal? Is Heron still hanging out?

GA fueled infra push is great for us. More courthouses everywhere. Again, I couldn't seem to place the Forbidden Palace. Where the heck did we put it? We need to know where so we can place Versaille correctly.

14. ThERat

ThERat Chieftain

sorry, I edited the post, save is correct now I hope

we still have one engineer, I think FP is one our first Island

15. jameson

jameson Chieftain

The FP is in Gem City ( city that built it gets a star next to it).
    Versailles should be on inca isle I guess, but it'll take forever to build without a GE.

16. M60A3TTS

M60A3TTS Ex-treadhead

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/Warmonger's_Delight_II_AD-1700.Civ4SavedGame

1655AD (1) Sheepcoast, North Clam, EastCoast starts grocer. PP>Gunpowder in 2. Gem City starts theater. Capture and Raze Barb city Libyan.

1660AD (2) Napoleon loses a settler pair to our mace. Add more infra builds.

1665AD (3) Gunpowder> Banking in 1. Lose a galley to a French caravel. Angkor Wat in.

1670AD (4) Banking > chemistry in 4. Napoleon suicides a crossbow against our stack by Marseilles. Find Mongolian lands.

http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=firstmongolcontact6zn.jpg

1675AD (5) Drop an explorer off in Greek lands. Unfortunately, he finds Delphi which have pike and archer defenders so he’s toast.

1680AD (6) As expected, explorer dies to Greek pike that comes out from Delphi. Barb axe dies against our axe by Cote d’Ivoire. Caravel sees longbow, pike, sword and 2 cats defending Greek city of Argos.

1685AD (7) Barb warrior and archer defeated by Cori. Nappy’s feeling frisky as he suicides a horse archer from Marseilles. We have Saint Augustine, so I pop another GA. :)
    1690AD (8) Move up all the reinforcements adjacent to Marseilles.

1695AD (9) Suicide a cat against Marseilles. Knight defeats their LB. Collect 169 gold from Marseilles and keep it as Mace defeats wounded spear.

1700AD (10) Kill barb sword with crossbow in Incaland. Healing the troops in Marseilles.

Military tradition in 1, so the cavalry will be a nice boost. A couple frigates building in the coastal areas and infra in a number of other places.

17. jameson

jameson Chieftain

Got it, will play this evening or tomorrow.

Another 5 GA turns ? Nice :goodjob:.

18. katank

katank Chieftain

I thought we agreed that FP and Versailles were to be either near SheepCoast or in former Incan lands. FP in Gem City doesn't help us as much. Oh, so that's what the silver start means? Thanks for the tip.

Good job on giving the French a drubbing. Let's keep building. Once we take out France, we'll have 1/2 the land mass and coast to victory. We should really go for communism. Consider placing tons of workshops on grasslands. These breakeven in food and add immensely to production. We can just roll over the enemy then.

19. jameson

jameson Chieftain

Heh, well the FP was built 6-7 turnsets ago, so I guess you'll just have to live with it ;). Of course, the ideal solution might have been to build the Palace in Iron city and divvy up the FP and Versailles between the French and Incan isles, but I think we gain enough benefit from the FP as is ( and we didn't know about the French back then).
    Anyway, here are the turns:

Inherited turn: looking good all around, but happiness needs a boost here and there. We never specified whether we wanted to go for Conquest or Domination, if the latter we need to start filling out Incan Isle.

1705 AD (1) Mil Trad comes in, decide to go for Economics and the free Merchant next. Free Market is worth 18 gpt for us, only I then realize that Mercantilism is worth more. Anyway, set science down to 0 for a turn to fund Cav upgrades in France.

1710 AD (2) Most important infra being done, I revolt us to Mercantilism and Theocracy. Science back up again for Economics in 3.

1715 AD (3) Get a GProphet in Tenoch, will use him for the Christian Shrine.

1720 AD (4) mostly infra and troop construction. I'm focusing on building Cavs mostly for the ground we have to cover. We arrive at Tours and meet something resembling proper resistance:

Over the next few turns, the French will burn 2-3 units per turn other than the ones in there on our Cavs and Grens.

I'll bring up the cats first before we charge in.

1725 AD (5) Economics and the Merchant come in, use him on constitution (+1400 beakers). Set science to top it off in 2.
    Build the Shrine in Gem City, it's worth 14gpt but we can still do some more faith spreading ( as it turns out, I neglected this a bit though).

A settler completes in Ollayn... send him towards the dyes which we don't have yet and double in effectiveness with the really cheap theatres.

1730 AD (6) Apparently the barbs can build horse archers, I never knew they built mounted units.

Our stack arrives at Tours, but in the IT gets roughed up a bit by Cata and mindless mob assaults. Don't the French know that Crossbows are out of fashion ?

1735 AD (7) Bomb Tours to 15%. Found the city of Dyevory on the Incan isle ( guess where that came from ? :).

Constitution comes in, Rep Parts is next.

1740 AD (8) Capture Tours ( it's a holy city, so why not ? ) :

1745 AD (9) Stack moves into Tours, needs some healing and reinforcements but those are on the way. Cori... builds settler, starts another one.

1750 AD (10) I'm not sure about the best location for Cori's settler, but we need to get rid of a barb HA before settling anyway. Several extra troops ( Grens, Cavs) arrive in French lands. Come to think of it, we should probably produce some maces too and promote them to City Raider II and then turning them into Rifles/Grens. After Rifling, we'll be out of city attack troops, other than cannons of course.

For the lurkers, here's the world map:

20. katank

katank Chieftain

Nice turnset and good job on beating up Napoleon. I guess FP location isn't that big a deal. As for not knowing the French were there, I disagree with. We knew someone was there. Custom continents with 1 per team always results in an extremely even distribution of land. We knew that there was a continent there.

I never knew barbs build horse units either. It could become a pillaging pain.

We are pretty far along. Consolidate a bit and then we can take out another opponent with infantry and artillery. This game should be mostly in the bag.