1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior Goes Obsolete at Military Tactics

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Individual Components' started by UncivilizedGuy, Oct 20, 2016.

1. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy The Village Idiot

I slapped together this mod because of a complaint that was expressed. The Warrior goes obsolete at Iron Working in the vanilla game. If you don't have access to Iron after researching Iron Working then you are basically S.O.L.

Now the Warrior goes obsolete at Military Tactics.

Let me know if this works. I put this together without having the game unlocked. I used MadDjinn's and Rob (R8XFT)'s mods as templates. This does not account for Warrior unique replacements.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dja3jqtshpdnlci/WarriorObsolete.zip?dl=0

Unzip here:
    My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods

It should create a folder named: WarriorObsolete

Be sure to activate it in the game under Additional Content.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  2. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

I think that warrior upgrade problem may have been a (late) fix for the AI building too many warriors when no iron around... you may run into a problem if this fix applies to both players and AI civs.

3. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

this is a bit premature and the argument over in the other forums over strategic resources were all wrong to begin with. Just know that warriors are not the only unit in the game...

4. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

In my first (and only) game I didn't run into this "problem" because with Kongo, a nation that has a unique unit replacing the swordsman the warrior never goes obsolete.
    Craig_Stutter is right though, the AI would spam this unit if you don't obsolete it soon enough. Bad AI means you have to suck up some bad rules to compensate some of that.