Wars between City-States are cute

Circlet the Zen

Chieftain
Jerusalem and Marrakech (both my allies) are at war with each other, and I've been having a good time watching them. They have touching borders.

Jerusalem sends a Worker to build a trading post. Marrakech sends a Trebuchet to capture it. Jerusalem gets pissy with me telling me I should demand tribute of Marrakech, then sends in a little rescue squad of another Trebuchet to get the Worker back. For a good 40 turns the two Trebuchets face off across the river until Jerusalem of them pulls a fast one and promotes his Trebuchet, healing it, and rescues the worker. Merrakech gets pissy with me and demands that I demand tribute of Jerusalem.

<3 city states

What's even more awesome is when one actually manages to attain and leverage and advantage against another, and suddenly a new empire is in play.

Lolol, I like how now they just ask for you to demand tribute to their enemies, instead of '...taking care of them', as if you did that like twice, you'de be in permenant wars with cs's anyway.

you should gift each CS another trebuchet and really shake things up

That electrifying moment when Doge Mario of Venice finally conquered Genoa and the fireworks light up from every vaporetto of the city, oh I mean city-state :smug:

wait, if they are both ur allies, how are they at war?

It doesn't matter if they are your allys they aren't allys with each other.

It doesn't matter if they are your allys they aren't allys with each other.

Right, but they only go to war if their allies are at war, unless I'm missing a feature where they go and war with each other (which would be pretty funny)

I can only assume that they were allied with two other civs, he usurped control of both of them, but since the initial two civs were at war when he did it these two CSs missed out on the peace summit because they were mewling at the feet of their new master.

wait what ahppens when one takes the others city? normaly cs raizes citys they capture but u cant raize cs right?

Marrakech is my favourite city state because it has awesome music when you got to their screen.

Top Bottom