Was Jesus a communist?

Elon Musk is Jesus reincarnated!

You entirely miss the point, again because of the same old relativist post-modernism. He created vast technological empires because he actually did all the things he did, every day.
They don't just grow out of the earth because of the law of economics, you know.
And that took a Musk.
A great man.
Plain and simple as that.
Don't see the woods for the trees.

Have a look at Bill Gates. His routines are insane. Almost inhuman. But to you he is just a thief who was clever in marketing or whatever.
Sad world you live in.

I am not into the details of the technology involved, but SpaceX seems to do quite a bit more than being slightly ahead of the curve. They introduced reusable rockets, didn't they?
What were these "things" that Musk did, and in what way do they constitute proof of "greatness"?

I don't think you really know. You gesture vaguely at re-usable rockets, as if this isn't something that engineers haven't been trying to develop since the 1940s, as if the fact that the most recent developments were completed by engineers under his employ confers on him some sort of "greatness" simply because he owned the single largest share of stock in the company.

You describe a "vast technological empire", but what does it consist of? A rocketry company that subsists on public subsidies. An automotive company that produces a statistically insignificant number of high-end vehicles; that is, in effect, a luxury goods company. A tunnelling company that has completed one pretty mundane civil engineering project in Nevada. A scattering of tech start-ups that are yet to produce any technology of note. This is greatness? This is the pivot upon which human history turns?

But Musk tells you that he is a hero. He tells you that he is going to save the world, indeed, create new worlds. Capitalism has overthrown religion, has dissolved all myth, without removing the historical conditions that produce the need for religion and for myth. Is it any surprise that we should find new demigods?

Last edited:
Well, it's a pivot of human history, probably. We will find out in retrospect. His charm (or cult) has caused a great deal of investment into needed things. I happen to think that the investors are going to be disappointed, but the amount of investment poured into the problem is going to create permanent changes. Normally that overwhelming useful spending is only performed by governments. The downside to this is that he's probably going to burn an entire generation of savers (who think of themselves as "investors") and unless their resulting desperation is the match that allows some useful social changes against too much financial capitalism, those people are going to be vastly disadvantaged ongoing.

But I was wrong about Martin Shkreli being the hero we needed, so what do I know

What were these "things" that Musk did, and in what way do they constitute proof of "greatness"?

I don't think you really know. You gesture vaguely at re-usable rockets, as if this isn't something that engineers haven't been trying to develop since the 1940s, as if the fact that the most recent developments were completed by engineers under his employ confers on him some sort of "greatness" simply because he owned the single largest share of stock in the company.

You describe a "vast technological empire", but what does it consist of? A rocketry company that subsists on public subsidies. An automotive company that produces a statistically insignificant number of high-end vehicles; that is, in effect, a luxury goods company. A tunnelling company that has completed one pretty mundane civil engineering project in Nevada. A scattering of tech start-ups that are yet to produce any technology of note. This is greatness? This is the pivot upon which human history turns?

But Musk tells you that he is a hero. He tells you that he is going to save the world, indeed, create new worlds. Capitalism has overthrown religion, has dissolved all myth, without removing the historical conditions that produce the need for religion and for myth. Is it any surprise that we should find new demigods?
I already said what was to be said. I don't enjoy spinning wheels, anymore, and will not follow you for another round.
I could, of course, but what is the point? It seems clear to me that you only want to see what you want to see. So have it your way, then.

Top Bottom